Newbie to the new scanners on market. any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltboats

I was looking to listen to the traffic of the Missouri Water Patrol @ Lake of the Ozarks. I have an older Radio Pro 94 that I programmed with the frequencies listed on radioreference. I then discovered this site and believe the old frequencies are not being used. Looks like they are on a digital system??? Can Gregg or anyone else tell me what (if any) model of handheld scanner I need to monitor these. I am new this technology with talkgroups etc. I have no idea how they work or program. I was thinking about Uniden BCD436HP Handheld Digital Scanner with HPDB and Phase 2 for $499 on amazon. Looks like it has an autoscan on it to find freq in your current area. Not sure if this is the way to go or not. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

DPD1

bassfishing32

Premium Subscriber
i was also looking at that scanner to monitor Haverhill, MA PD on a P25 system. Are there any other scanners you would recommend or is that one the best one?

DPD1

If you want a base version you could get the 536HP. I think either one is about as good as you can get for P25 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.