newbie to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowpatti

Just got my first scanner at a garage sale, bearcat 855XLT, I have looked up scanner frequencies for LaCygne KS police, I see the generics posted on the internet, but I know they have others not posted, curious if anyone out there has any additional scanner frequencies not generally posted on the net for police, fire and rescue???? any other ones are appreciated too, if anyones out there, thanks for your help! Cowpatti!

n0lqt

Well, Linn County does have a KSICS tower near Parker. I would say they should have excellent coverage for that system, but I don't know of any assigned Talkgroups for Linn County agencies on that system yet. I’m sure they will have a few KSICS radios assigned to them, but they may not be using them. KDOT and KHP both use the KSICS system exclusively now in eastern Kansas.

Bad news though, as agencies reband to Narrow-band FM over the next two years, your radio will likely not work any longer. If they switch to the KSICS system, you’re just completely out of luck. The KSICS system is digital which the 855 won’t receive. In addition to what's in the database, you might listen to 154.8000, 155.7750, 156.0300, and 159.0900 Those are all licensed to the City of La Cygne. One or more might be used by law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.