Newbie to Trunking - BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhemrick

Well, I tried to go it alone and load in my local area (Maumee, Ohio) and added in the Freq.'s and the Talkgroups, but nothing. Would really appreciate it if someone who owns a Uniden BC246T could give me a little guidance/tutoring on how to program this scanner.

Thanks, Bob Hemrick
email: rhemrick@sbcglobal.net

rhemrick

Thanks Mark...figures that I didn't do my homework on that one. Can I get Toledo? Other areas? I'm struggling to figure out how to get the right information entered. Do you know anyone in the area that uses a BC246T that I could contact for some help. It would be helpful if I could get a mem file where someone has them setup right so I can see how it's loaded in the ARC246 software. Any help would be appreciated. PS - I was in the RadioReference page you sent me before, but how do you tell that it's digital and how can you tell what type of system they're using (Motorola, LT, etc.)?

Regarding Digital, do you use a D Scanner? Any recommendations if I wanted to replace the BC246T ( this is worth keeping to scan something in the area).

Thanks, Bob

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Thanks Mark...figures that I didn't do my homework on that one. Can I get Toledo? Other areas? I'm struggling to figure out how to get the right information entered. Do you know anyone in the area that uses a BC246T that I could contact for some help. It would be helpful if I could get a mem file where someone has them setup right so I can see how it's loaded in the ARC246 software. Any help would be appreciated. PS - I was in the RadioReference page you sent me before, but how do you tell that it's digital and how can you tell what type of system they're using (Motorola, LT, etc.)?

This part of the listing tells you the type of system it is. Project 25 = Digital. In this case the Lucas County system is true P-25
(completely digital) as compared to the statewide Ohio MARCS system which is an analog system using digital voice (P-16).
You still need a digital scanner to listen to MARCS.

System Type:project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
System Voice:APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

It appears all of Lucas County is using then new digital system, including the City of Toledo. Your BC246T is better suited to monitor Wood County.

Regarding Digital, do you use a D Scanner? Any recommendations if I wanted to replace the BC246T ( this is worth keeping to scan something in the area).

Thanks, Bob

I currently use the GRE built PSR-500 which I have had for 2 years now and absolutely love. The Radio Shack Pro-106 is the same radio in different packaging. Where the PSR-500 comes with the programming cable and wall-wart charger, the Pro-106 does not and those items must be bought separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.