Unitrunker Newbie to Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyGuard

I have successfully set up Unitrunker, (Ver 2.1.0.17) I think. I have two SDR dongles DVB-T+DAB-FM. They are both RTL2832U tuners. One is labeled Fixed and it is tuned to 853.9250 (Control Channel for Washington County/Clackamas County/Newberg) This is in Yamhill County Oregon. When I click on the play button I get a different frequency in the radio box of 854.5250. In the red box next to the scope button it shows 853.9250. Do I need to make an adjustment? If so, how do I make the adjustment?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I have successfully set up Unitrunker, (Ver 2.1.0.17) I think. I have two SDR dongles DVB-T+DAB-FM. They are both RTL2832U tuners. One is labeled Fixed and it is tuned to 853.9250 (Control Channel for Washington County/Clackamas County/Newberg) This is in Yamhill County Oregon. When I click on the play button I get a different frequency in the radio box of 854.5250. In the red box next to the scope button it shows 853.9250. Do I need to make an adjustment? If so, how do I make the adjustment?
A screen shot of what you see would be helpful - you can also join the Unitrunker Google Group for help. The frequency you see in the upper right of the radio panel is likely the center frequency of the system as calculated by the program.

Mr_Boh

Might have to do with your Warp setting. See what that's at. My best advice is to "tune" the SDR dongles by using SDR# and sitting on the control channel for 5-10 minutes or longer to allow it to warm up since those are probably ones without the Temperature Compensating Oscillators (TXCO). This will help you calculate how much drift they have. I have some of those and they will still drift after extended use. I really only use them when I am sitting in front of Unitrunker since you can use scope on the VFO tab to get you a display that is going to help you maintain center by adjusting warp throughout your session. The RTL-SDR v3 or similar TXCO dongles are really worth the $12-15 extra so you don't have to mess with warp too much if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.