Newbie Trunking Question--PRO-95

Status
Not open for further replies.

1charter

I have just completed programming my PRO-95 via the WIN-95 software. I set up separate banks for my Motorola Type-II trunking frequencies. (so I could listem to different talk groups on different banks).
In the trunked banks I have the 11 trunked frequencies for my area (Ocean County NJ) and all the known talk groups with the ones I don't want to hear locked out.

Problem is...Whenever I activate one of the trunked banks, it allows ONE talk group transmission to come through and as soon as that transmission ends it jumps to a control channel and starts making that awful control noise. If I close and reactivate the bank the same thing happens

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
More to the point, go back into the software and fix the programming. You have set one or more of the frequencies to FM instead of MOT. All of the frequencies in the Motorola TRS need to be set to MOT (as well as the bank). Fix that, upload to the radio and you are good to go.

scnnr

1charter said:
I have just completed programming my PRO-95 via the WIN-95 software. I set up separate banks for my Motorola Type-II trunking frequencies. (so I could listem to different talk groups on different banks).
In the trunked banks I have the 11 trunked frequencies for my area (Ocean County NJ) and all the known talk groups with the ones I don't want to hear locked out.

Problem is...Whenever I activate one of the trunked banks, it allows ONE talk group transmission to come through and as soon as that transmission ends it jumps to a control channel and starts making that awful control noise. If I close and reactivate the bank the same thing happens

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Does your Win 95 look something like this? If so it should be working fine.

Oh and you will notice that I only put in only the 3 control channels. I believe that the Pro 95 uses control channel only for programming. I might be wrong on that though as I don't own one. If so then add the rest of the frequencies.

Randy

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scnnr said:
...Oh and you will notice that I only put in only the 3 control channels. I believe that the Pro 95 uses control channel only for programming. I might be wrong on that though as I don't own one.
Randy,

You are not wrong, the Pro-93/95 and later GRE scanners are all CCh only scanners; however, some people feel "safer" by putting them all in just in case a new (previously unreported) channel is used for the CCh.

Status
Not open for further replies.