Status
Not open for further replies.

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program my scanner (BCD396XT) TRUNKTRACKER IV for the following:
Riverside Ohio Police and Fire
Beavercreek Ohio Police and Fire

My current freq file is attached.

I am using ART-XT Ver 2.2 Build 2 Full Version and I am a subscriber to Radioreference which is where I am getting the downloads.

Maybe I am not selecting the correct items from Radioreference?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• OhioMARCS-IPMul.rsf.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 18

tvengr

Well Known Member
GPS based scanning is turned on for the sites and the groups. Try turning it off. With the quick keys set to none, everything should be scanning.

You can download by service type using ARC-XT.

Last edited:

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
go in and add quick key and system quick keys and re save
Steve
Thanks for the advice. Still not getting hardly ANY traffic from either traffic and I am positive there should be a lot of traffic currently. I think I have everything urned on as you advised. I even turn on conventional frequencies also.

Attachments

34.6 KB · Views: 1

Nasby

Greene County uses a simulcast setup for the MARCS System.
Unfortunately, your scanner is old technology and is likely suffering from Simulcast Distortion. This would explain why you're not receiving much.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Simulcast means you want a SDS100. You won't get reliable reception with older models.

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
So I am listening to this website and I hear traffic for my area. I know that Huber Heights dispatches Riverside. Huber Heights Regional Police and Fire Dispatch Live Audio Feed

I do hear transmissions ere but never hear them on my scanner. I am approximately 12 miles from the dispatch office for Huber Heights. The actual police department is about 5 miles away.

I have tried different antennas ( Stubby, factory, etc)
Tried re-configuring the scanner multiple times (see latest attached)

Any Ideas? Is there a factory reset I can do on the scanner and start from scratch with whatever guidance anyone can share with me?

As always thanks in advance.

Attachments

9.5 KB · Views: 1

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
Greene County uses a simulcast setup for the MARCS System.
Unfortunately, your scanner is old technology and is likely suffering from Simulcast Distortion. This would explain why you're not receiving much.
If you were going to go out and purchase another scanner for home use to listen to Green County Ohio (Beavercreek), Montgomery County Ohio (Huber Heights for Riverside) and Dayton PD what would you buy?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
If you were going to go out and purchase another scanner for home use to listen to Green County Ohio (Beavercreek), Montgomery County Ohio (Huber Heights for Riverside) and Dayton PD what would you buy?
First thing I would do is find someone local that listens to what you want to monitor. That person might be as close as your fire dept. or police dept. I would visit the FD and ask if they know of anyone who can help. You’d be surprised how many families of firefighters listen. I ought to know, I’m retired now but 35 years in the fire service, all of which included scanners, give me a pretty good prospective on the matter. If the fire station can’t help, try another one, etc.

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
First thing I would do is find someone local that listens to what you want to monitor. That person might be as close as your fire dept. or police dept. I would visit the FD and ask if they know of anyone who can help. You’d be surprised how many families of firefighters listen. I ought to know, I’m retired now but 35 years in the fire service, all of which included scanners, give me a pretty good prospective on the matter. If the fire station can’t help, try another one, etc.
Just for grins and giggles, attached is a photo of the scanner runing.Just to see if I have it configured correctly?

Attachments

• 20200325_100548.jpeg
    20200325_100548.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 27

tvengr

Well Known Member
Just for grins and giggles, attached is a photo of the scanner runing.Just to see if I have it configured correctly?
The scanner is not seeing the control channel. You should see the control channel frequency where NFM is. If programmed correctly, that could be due to simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.