Newbie w/ BC346XT Rebanding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunk5

I received my new BC346XT a few hours ago and I must say I'm very impressed (which is probably not hard to do since it's my first trunking scanner).

I live in Garland, TX (a suburb of Dallas), and I was glad to see the pre-built sites for both Dallas, Garland, and other surrounding areas. I'm simply agog that I'm hearing all of Dallas as clearly as I am.

However, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the rebanding set up for Garland (apparently this changed very recently). I'm reading over the Bearcat page on creating a custom site, and I have what I presume is the base frequency for Garland, but I can't quite grasp how I know what the offset it, what the step is (I'm assuming either 25k or 50k based on the differences on the RR list), and what the skip should be. I've tried simply plugging in the new control channels into the prebuilt-site, but unsurprisingly I'm not getting anything since they seem to have rebanded.

I've tried using Bearcat's Excel worksheet, but I seem to be missing some fundamental information.
If anyone can take a quick look and give me some guideance, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

skunk5

So I have been reading Uniden's page on rebanding, and a few other posts in these forums, but I'm having a difficult time understanding how to apply this to the freq's used for Garland since it isn't the 'standard rebanded' frequencies.

I'm trying to get this, but I'm pretty sure I'm way off base here...

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean by "isn't the 'standard rebanded' frequencies. AFAIK, there is nothing special about Garland's rebanding. It should work fine using the recommended Rebanding band plan at:
EditBandPlan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

skunk5

Wow, thank you UPMan! I had made the assumption that since I didn't see the lower frequencies from the wiki on the RR page (as the wiki suggests), I never actually tried those settings. I just applied them and I'm picking up Garland beautifully now.

Thanks for the help, and the awesome product!

Status
Not open for further replies.