Newbie w/ Many Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

amquintero

Help! I am try to import OC California public safety frequencies into Win96 for my Pro96 scanner. I get the message that only the first 50 channels will be loaded because it can only go into one bank at a time...no problem, but then how do I know what talk groups go with the frequencies I've selected? There are currently over 300 selected how do I know what goes with what? ......anybody?

Al42

You put the control channels in the scanner, the channels for one site, followed by any conventional frequency, followed by the control channels for the next site, etc.

You put in all talkgroups that you want to monitor. Talkgroups don't go with a frequency - any talkgroup can appear on any frequency, but you only need to program the control frequencies (the ones in red and blue).

jeffrey420

I would load all site into one or two banks, seperating each site with a dummy freq such as 1300.0000. Then run in open mode and see what talkgroups are used most in your area, and then program them in.

DickH

Before you follow any of the suggestions already given, you should do some studying and find out how a trunked system works.

amquintero

Thank you for your input, I think I have it all programmed now. I still have one question, on the rr page next to talk group mode is listed as "E" for most of the PD frequencies, am I to understand that this is encrypted and not possible to hear???

Thanks again

jeffrey420

Open this one up in win96 and compare with what you have. There aren't any talkgroups entered. Not sure if that is what E means or not. If you can't understand a word, it is encrypted.

If you want save your file then load this one to the scanner and try it. It is set to open mode so any talkgroups will come up. You will have to unzip it first.

Attachments

• nwfilgycal.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 24

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Yes, "E" in mode means encrypted. (Or at least generally encrypted.) You will not be able to monitor encrypted TG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.