Newbie with BC246T and arc246 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedly

I just recieved my BC246T scanner and arc246 software. This is my very first try at scanning. I want to set up frequencies for Canada. Ontario, Lambton County. I want to use Radioreference (RR) to program a conventional system for this area, but I am finding that the copy and paste of data from RR does not adjust for proper column separations in arc246. How do you import RR data into acr246 so the data appears in the proper columns ?

If I copy a block of info from RR and paste it into a group, the info is all concentrated in the first column or only contains just the frequency in the first column. I see where trunk systems appear as a list of frequencies in RR and copy over to arc246 nicely, but the conventional systems don't copy over correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

Nedly

Success, Kind of

I have a premium subscription to RR. I was able to download Michigan, Wayne County and set up this system on my 246t.
However what I really wanted was Canada, Ontario, Lambton County. But the acr246 software via RR does not list any Canadian Provinces, only US states.

any ideas how to get Canadian frequencies from RR to acr246?

Thanks

captclint

Mentor
Nedly said:
acr246 software via RR does not list any Canadian Provinces, only US states. any ideas how to get Canadian frequencies from RR to acr246?
I know it is odd, but just select Trunk Systems, and you will get the country option. Then close, and open again for conventional if you don't want trunking.

Last edited:

Nedly

I got it !

Selecting 'Canada' from the 'trunk systems' window was the key. Returning to 'conventional' , and all Canadian Provinces were there. I'm up and running with Michigan, Wayne County and Ontario, Lambton County as well as a couple of trunk systems.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.