Newbie with Radio Shack Pro-84 help me understand why it interrupts every few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibianul

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie with scanners and I realy appreciate some help from anyone, my main issue is that the radio transmission is interrupting every 2 - 3 seconds for about half second, even if I pressed the hold button to stay on the frequency selected. I have attached a photo of the radio screen, and also a recording, at second 2 you can hear a short pause ..

Thank you.

Attachments

• radioshack_pro_84.jpg
    radioshack_pro_84.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 352

SCPD

QRT
Priority

If the scanner is scanning and it appears the PRIORITY is on, it is checking that channel every couple seconds, take off Pri!!

wtp

hard to see

but it looks like signal stalker is on also.
that would be function then hold.

Last edited:

sibianul

Thank you guys, I downloaded again the manual and after reading it again I though it was the delay function, as right after I disabled the function and DLY was gone it seemed to work much better, I don't know if signal stalker was off or on (most probably was ON), I turned it off now a hour ago but unfortunately now there is no air traffic around and can't test it. I will try tomorrow with DLY set to ON and Signal Stalker to OFF, and with DLY to OFF and Stalker to ON to see which one was the real issue.

I will read again the manual about PRIORITY, but I don't care about the other programmed frequencies, that's why I used HOLD to keep the scanner on 122.7MHz.

wtp

what things mean

Priority--means the radio checks in on a certain frequency to see if anything is being transmitted
DLY delay-- means the radio hols on the channel after a transmission (squelch break).
signal stalker--the radio checks to see if anyone is transmitting near you.

when the radio "checks in" anything that is going on gets interrupted and has a "hiccup" sound in the audio.

sibianul

Thank you guys. Now I had some time to check the scanner and it's work fine. No interruption at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.