Status
Not open for further replies.

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I have just ordered a scanner online and I know I will be needing help from the FAQs and users on the forum so I decided to say HI before I become a pain.

I bought a Uniden BCT15X, I live in Kitchener Ontario, Canada and I plan to listen to the Kitchener Fire Department. Will it be hard to set it up just to receive just FIRE?

Thanks,

Bill

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
Does this make things easier? Is it just a matter of inputting all of the FIRE infor from this table?

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
852.62500 BM KFS Sim 1 Fire - Simplex Channel FM Fire-Talk
852.87500 BM KFS Sim2 Pri Fire - Simplex Channel (Primary) FM Fire-Talk
852.97500 BM KFS Sim 3 Fire - Simplex Channel FM Fire-Talk
868.13750 B 131.8 PL KFS Dispatch Fire - Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch
169.14000 KitWimtHydPr Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro - Projects (LPU) FM Utilities
169.29000 XJG45 R 100.0 PL KitWimt Hyd Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro FM Utilities
169.68000 Kit-Wimt Hyd Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro FM Utilities
170.35500 Kit-Wimt Hyd Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro - Projects (LPU) FM Utilities
412.41250 203.5 PL CityHallScry City Hall Security FM Security
155.35500 VCN380 BM 88.5 PL Student Tran Student Transportation of Canada FM Transportation
173.07000 VCN375 R 186.2 PL Stock Transp Stock Transportation Ltd FM Transportation
150.06500 VAY382 BM 156.7 PL CormierTruck Cormier Trucking Ltd FM Business
154.57000 Chicopee Chicopee Ski Club - Racing FM Business
172.14000 KitchenerEng Engineering (LPU) FM Business
172.29000 Chicopee1 Chicopee Ski Club - Operations TRBO Business
172.72500 Chicopee2 Chicopee Ski Club FM Business
172.95000 Chicopee3 Chicopee Ski Club - Operations TRBO Business
453.43750 FarmersMrket Farmers Market FM Business
463.88750 BingemanPark Bingeman Park FM Business
464.93750 CentreSquare Centre in the Square FM Business

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
I think I have it licked. I have Freescan and I have downloaded the regional settings and saved the file. Now I just have to upload it onto the scanner and... I guess I will have to wait until the scanner gets here to take this any further.

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
Okay, radio arrived today. I connected it to my computer (via USB-serial adapter) and uploaded my channels. It all worked okay and I have just the ones I want working when I SYSTEM hold on MAIN but as soon as I scan without SYSTEM HOLD (with PL DT on) I get ALABAMA. How do I get rid of ALABAMA on display? I have found that if I turn OFF PL and DT it just scans the channels that I loaded.

DPD1

I don't have that radio, but you might want to try the Uniden category. Somebody will probably answer there.

hewoggles

Premium Subscriber
I don't have that radio, but you might want to try the Uniden category. Somebody will probably answer there.

Thanks. It is nothing a little reading won't find... It was the built in STATE by STATE programming and I just had to turn it off. I will look to see if it also has Canada in the program once I get home.

As it is now I have all of the fire services that Kitchener dispatches programmed into it and it is working great.

Using the Built-In State-by-State Agencies
To use the built-in State-by-State agencies, repeatedly tap DOT/POL/PRI and (Bear Paw)/HP/ALT until the desired agency type's icon shows in the bottom row of the display:

PL — Local Police
DT — Department of Transportation
HP — Highway Patrol
BT — BearTracker Warning System

After scanning your programmed systems, the BCT15X will scan the enabled state-by-state agencies, then resume scanning your programmed systems.

To stop State-by-State scanning, repeat the above until all four icons are turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.