Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam554

Hello all. I am new and frustrated. Where can I go that can give me a play by play on how to program my Pro-651? I am confused by the radio reference site and not sure where to go. Also, I have a Mac. Can I program from it? Thank you!!!

Bob1955

Hello all. I am new and frustrated. Where can I go that can give me a play by play on how to program my Pro-651? I am confused by the radio reference site and not sure where to go. Also, I have a Mac. Can I program from it? Thank you!!!
Type in Radio Shack PRO-651 on YouTube and it may show you how to program that scanner. I know with Bearcat, you cannot use a Mac computer, only Microsoft.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi samiam
Welcome to RadioReference.

Lots of information in the Wiki. Start with this:
Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki
(Your Pro-651 is the same scanner as the PSR-500, Radio Shack Pro-106, and Whistler's WS1040)

There is also an Easier to Read manual that covers your scanner:

Links to several videos that include your scanner, or one of the other identical ones I mentioned above, can be found here:

This is your county in the database:

Many of the agencies in your county use this system:
This is a P25 Phase 1 system, which your Pro-651 can receive. I would not that a number of the law enforcement channels, for the Sheriff's office, are encrypted. Full Time encryption is designated in the database page for the system with an E in the model column, next to the mode type (D, P25 Phase 1 in this system). If the e is lower case, that means part time encryotion, but sometimes in the clear. No scanner wikk be able to monitor encrypted channels.

There is no scanner programming software that will work, out of the box, on a Mac. All the programs are based on Windows.

See this article for suggestions to be able to use your Mac:

Also, you might consider picking up a used, but working, Windows laptop or desktop. The scanner software packages do not need a PC with lightning speed or lots of memory. Keep your eyes open, and you may run across one for $100, or less. The only thing it needs is the ability to access the Internet, and a working copy of Windows 7 or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.