newbritain pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Yes,and unless you have a gre scanner or the brand new unidens that pick up tdma systems you won't hear anything in new Britain

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Wrong New Britain police Its not full time Encryption Some portable radios are encryption Dispatch is in The clear NCIC dispatch in the clear Is in the clear The rest of the system is in the clear I can't wait for those new radios to come out I have a GRE 800 It works OK

MFCJR

55engine is right. New Britain is not on full encryption. Sometimes the PD dispatch puts on the encryption and forgets to take it off. (Last time it was on for two weeks) But they always take it off.

Mike

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
55engine is right. New Britain is not on full encryption. Sometimes the PD dispatch puts on the encryption and forgets to take it off. (Last time it was on for two weeks) But they always take it off.

Mike

I was told by someone not involved on this forum it was,made me look stupid I guess lol.i thought they were at one point encrypted full time,they probably figure the only way we can listen to them is with a 800 dollar scanner which many people won't buy,now uniden is coming out with one. Thanks for correcting me mike

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
no big deal. remember something else, as there really aren't a lot of TDMA departments out there, it would be really easy to be monitoring someone and they were broadcasting TDMA and it may sound like encryption. As for the PSR 800 going for $800.00 I'm sure that price has or will be coming down. The unit sold for the same as the 996XT/396XT but when GRE tanked the value of the radio went up. Now that Uniden has something compatible coming out, I'd be willing to bet the cost of the PSR800 will come down. and I've heard the audio from the 436HP and it's pretty good.

MFCJR

I'm glad your radio is working good 55engine. I was glad I was able to help you. No need to feel bad firerick100. Were all here to help. joetnymedic, I feel the same way. The price will come way down on the psr-800 with the new Uniden's coming out. I got lucky and got my psr-800 that was new, never used from Ebay for a decent price.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.