Newby needs database help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB7OBG

Premium Subscriber
I have an GRE PSR-600 that hasn't been updated since I bought it. I manage the frequencies in it using Win500. I am now a RadioReference Premium Subscriber.

I think I have most of this figured out. In WIN500:

File->Web Import-> RadioReference.com->Trunked Systems

Enter my username & password, Click Start.

Select Country, State, County, System

My confusion is that I don't see Phoenix PD in the list. I'm mostly interested in:

- Phoenix PD,
- MCSO
- Federal law enforcement
- DPS

Can someone nudge me over this hurdle please?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Here ya go....
From the Web Import Menu options there are two options - Trunked Systems and Conventional Frequencies

Choosing Trunked Systems:
Enter your access information.
Under Country select United States
Under State select Arizona
Under County select Maricopa
Under Systems select Regional Wireless Cooperative (for Phoenix PD)
The software will load the sites and Talkgroups.
Select the sites so those are loaded in the radio.
Select the "+" sign to expand the Talkgroups options
Select the agencies you want to monitor.
- Select "Import This System" button, do not hit "Done" button

You'll do the same thing for MCSO, except under Systems, you will select Maricopa County

Once you have what you need select "Done" to close this pop-up. It will load to your software the requested information.

For AZ DPS and Feds, you'll go back to the Web Import Option, select Conventional this time.
Under County DO NOT select anything
Under Agencies in Arizona select the agencies you want to monitor.

Again, once you have selected all of the agencies, and have selected the "Import Selected Channels" button, you want, select Done.

Don't forget to put the frequencies you selected in the desired Scan Lists so that you can monitor them correctly.

Have fun,

WB7OBG

Premium Subscriber
Thank you

Thank you. That's exactly what I needed.

One follow-up question. I don't need all the 'Sites' I presume each site is a transmitter location and all talk groups are transmitted on all sites, correct?

wlmr

No, all talkgroups are NOT on all sites.

In order to cut back on the total number of channels each site would need, only talkgroups that need to talk in an area are allowed on the site(s) that cover that area. Maricopa County has a couple of sites that I've read about that do broadcast all the radio traffic but the RWC radio sites that Phoenix PD (among others) uses can only be expected to be heard on the main site. For Phoenix PD that is Simulcast A.

Some of the sites that have a really big coverage area because they are up high actually carry very little traffic, probably because they could easily be overloaded if every radio capable of reaching them was allowed to talk via them.

Wlmr

tipster67

Here ya go....
From the Web Import Menu options there are two options - Trunked Systems and Conventional Frequencies

Choosing Trunked Systems:
Enter your access information.
Under County select Maricopa
Under Systems select Regional Wireless Cooperative (for Phoenix PD)
The software will load the sites and Talkgroups.
Select the sites so those are loaded in the radio.
Select the "+" sign to expand the Talkgroups options
Select the agencies you want to monitor.
- Select "Import This System" button, do not hit "Done" button

You'll do the same thing for MCSO, except under Systems, you will select Maricopa County

Once you have what you need select "Done" to close this pop-up. It will load to your software the requested information.

For AZ DPS and Feds, you'll go back to the Web Import Option, select Conventional this time.
Under County DO NOT select anything
Under Agencies in Arizona select the agencies you want to monitor.

Again, once you have selected all of the agencies, and have selected the "Import Selected Channels" button, you want, select Done.

Don't forget to put the frequencies you selected in the desired Scan Lists so that you can monitor them correctly.

Have fun,

Thanks for the post. It wasn't helpful to me, but I really appreciate the detail and correctness of the post!!

MFD4305

Not Quite Correct

Yesterday evening, WLMR wrote [in part]:
but the RWC radio sites that Phoenix PD (among others) uses can only be expected to be heard on the main site. For Phoenix PD that is Simulcast A.
Wlmr

However, I have personally monitored the following PPD Talkgroups on these non-Simulcast A sites:
A02 - Simulcast G
A03 - West Valley and Simulcast G
A09 - West Valley and Simulcast G
B02 - Simulcast G
B08 - West Valley
B09 - West Valley and Simulcast G

On a related note, I have monitored PFD Talkgroups on multiple sites other than Simulcast B. I'm located in far northwest Glendale.

I think we tend to forget or overlook the principle of radios affiliating with the nearest site.

Just my 4 cents [inflation, ya know....].

rwier

Yesterday evening, WLMR wrote [in part]:

However, I have personally monitored the following PPD Talkgroups on these non-Simulcast A sites:
A02 - Simulcast G
A03 - West Valley and Simulcast G
A09 - West Valley and Simulcast G
B02 - Simulcast G
B08 - West Valley
B09 - West Valley and Simulcast G

On a related note, I have monitored PFD Talkgroups on multiple sites other than Simulcast B. I'm located in far northwest Glendale.

I think we tend to forget or overlook the principle of radios affiliating with the nearest site.

Just my 4 cents [inflation, ya know....].

You are absolutely correct (of course), but (in my opinion) the OP's "question" and WLMR's "response" both strongly related to the word "all" (or the concept thereof). Certainly no astute reader of WLMR's answer would conclude that he (WLMR) believes that RWC Phx PD TGs are only transmitted (heard) on Simulcast Site "A". The word "all" should have been understood.

KB7MIB

Which system is "West Valley"? Simulcast G is the West Valley simulcast. Simulcast E, which was replaced by G, no longer exists.
Simulcast J is the Buckeye system, and only carries Buckeye and Goodyear PD, to the best of my knowledge. It may carry FD, but I haven't been down there enough to determine that.

MFD4305

I Stand Corrected

Rob wrote:

You are absolutely correct (of course), but (in my opinion) the OP's "question" and WLMR's "response" both strongly related to the word "all" (or the concept thereof). Certainly no astute reader of WLMR's answer would conclude that he (WLMR) believes that RWC Phx PD TGs are only transmitted (heard) on Simulcast Site "A". The word "all" should have been understood.

I made a "newcomer's error," appearing haughty rather than helpful. My apologies to all....

rwier

.......... appearing haughty rather than helpful. My apologies to all....[/QUOTE said:
I'll say the same apology, I certainly was not helpful. And only WLMR knows for sure, lol!

wlmr

Sorry if I confused anyone with my intended meaning. I wanted to make it clear that the talkgroups aren't allowed everywhere. Probably very few are. Maybe some encrypted ones but we'll never know about them.

Of course you'll hear Phx PD talkgroups on sites other than Simulcast A. But not all of them and not everywhere. I intended to state that your only solid bet is Simulcast A, the other sites are only available to a specific talkgroup if it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.