Newby - Rio Rancho(?) freq question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick505

I'm receiving what appears to be Rio Rancho PD traffic on a freq of 151.070 (and 151.075). However this freq doesn't seem to be listed in any database including searching at the FCC site. I do see 151.0775 but can't believe the front end of the receiver is that broad. Can anyone confirm if this is a correct frequency?? Since I live in the far NW corner of Albuquerque I'm hearing strong signals with a Uniden BC92XLT inside.

Thanks in advance.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I don't believe the BC92XLT is narrowband capable and thus why you are hearing Rio FD on the adjacent frequencies.

ecps92

Your only talking a few khz, so yes the front end is the problem. :cool:
There is not much of a difference in 151.0700, 151.0750 and 151.0775

Commonly occurs with adjacent frequencies on scanners even the 12.5 Khz spacing, never mind the newer 6.25 khz
I'm receiving what appears to be Rio Rancho PD traffic on a freq of 151.070 (and 151.075). However this freq doesn't seem to be listed in any database including searching at the FCC site. I do see 151.0775 but can't believe the front end of the receiver is that broad. Can anyone confirm if this is a correct frequency?? Since I live in the far NW corner of Albuquerque I'm hearing strong signals with a Uniden BC92XLT inside.

Thanks in advance.

Rick505

Thanks all.....I believe everyone is correct about the front end. Since I'm hearing them fine I'll stop worrying about it. To test I was hearing them yesterday on 151.080 also. If I get a chance I'll play with a cheap SDR and narrow down the settings.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.