newby to scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaver85

hello. i live in hillsboro and just picked up a new RadioShack Pro-97 scanner yesterday. The store cloned the frequencies for me. im still new to all this and still trying to figure out how to program my own frequencies,talkgroups, text tags, ect... correctly. im lookin to also get the program software in hopes that it will help me. so please bear with me if i ask alot of questions. Thanks!

Lochtsa

Pro 97

Hi,

I bought my first scanner (pro 97) a couple of months ago from a person on this site. By joining this site, I have learned so much in a short time. Fisrt thing to do is get the WIN97 program as hugger stated. This program is integrated with this site's database. This means you can simply find the county in Oregon and import the files directly to win97, and then upload them to your scanner via a pc cable. The $7.50 this site charges for this upload feature is invaluable, and that is for 90 days. Plus, its a good way to give back to this site. Just my opinion, but if it wasn't for the people on this site and it's database, I would have pulled my hair out trying to learn how to use my scanner to it's capabilities.

Good Luck and Have Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.