Newcomer looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkh719

Interested in scanners - Can someone please recommend a scanner, my desire is to listen primarily to Omaha, NE Police. From reading the forum, sounds like I need a digital scanner, what frequencies? What frequency is Omaha NE Police currently?

scanomaha

Interested in scanners - Can someone please recommend a scanner, my desire is to listen primarily to Omaha, NE Police. From reading the forum, sounds like I need a digital scanner, what frequencies? What frequency is Omaha NE Police currently?
YES...to scan the Omaha / Douglas County system...you need a digital scanner.... I like the PRO-106 from radio shack... PRO-106 39,000-Channel Digital Handheld Scanner - RadioShack.com
or you can buy a uniden Locally from Randy's CB center in Omaha Randy's CB Center

after you get a NEW digital scanner check out the Omaha Area Scanner Club (OASC) Omaha Area Scanner Club Web Site NEXT MEETING is April 26th.
or contact me, and I can program it for you.

here are the frequencies for the Omaha system (ORION)--- http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2361

Happy Scanning, Marty

Last edited:

mkh719

Thanks for the great info !

Thanks for the great information, I appreciate the local business reference and the invitation to the Omaha Area Scanner Club. I'll get started and will be in touch. Nice to have this information posted for all.

- Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.