Newer Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyrhonda

Our police departments in this area upgraded to what they call 'digital scanners'. I know that's not referring to the display screen being digital. What would the newer scanners be called that you have to buy in order to hear the police on the scanner? Since they upgraded, we can hear nothing but a neighboring county. Any help would be appreciated. Need to know what exactly they would be called so I know what to look for. Thanks

Hop763

Premium Subscriber
What county and state are you in? so we can see what type of system they are on.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It depends entirely on what sort of digital system they are using. There are scanners (Uniden) that will decode some digital traffic, however if the agency is using encryption, it is not possible (or legal) to decode it.

If would share the name of the specific agency, someone can give you more detailed information. There are a number of non-compatible digital radio modes and you'd need to know which one.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Well let's make this simple you have analog and digital scanners and the first digital scanners were made in 2003 to pick up the new digital systems of the time.

The first thing we need to know is what state do you live in what county do you live in and what is your home town

Status
Not open for further replies.