newer scantenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdeeman

I want to get a scantenna. There is one listed on ebay and the seller has the following description of it and calls it a super st-2.
YOU ARE BIDDING ON ONE BRAND NEW IN THE BOX SUPER ST-2 SCANNER ANTENNA. THIS IS THE NEW AND IMPROVED SCANTENNA TO GO TO 1500 MHZ.THIS ANTENNA HAS ALSO BEEN REDESINGED BY THE MFG. TO OFFER STRONGER ELEMENTS AND ADDED SLEEVING ON SOME OF WHAT WE CONSIDERED WEAK POINTS. THIS IS A BETTER THAN DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR THE OLD CHANNEL MASTER MONITENNAS THAT ONLY WENT TO 900 MHZ!!THIS WILL INCREASE YOUR SCANNER RECEPTION AT LEAST + 10 TIMES OVER AN INDOOR OR A DISCONE ANTENNA. THE TUNED MULTIBAND 1/2 WAVE DESIGN OFFERS EXTRA GAIN ON HIGH VHF AND THE UHF FREQUENCIES. WE HAVE SOLD THOUSANDS OF THESE ANTENNAS W/O EVER HEARING A COMPLAINT. THIS COMES WITH 50' OF RG-6 UCOAX CABLE ,CONNECTORS, ALL HDWE AND ANTENNA.OVERALL HEIGHT OF THIS ANTENNA IS 10' TIP TO TIP .NEW LOW PRICE AND FREE SHIPPING IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.A..! DONT BID IF YOU DONT PAY! WE'VE BEEN IN THE ANTENNA BUSINESS 22 YEARS! PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER AUCTIONS FOR TRIPODS/ MOUNTS/ COAX/ROTORS AND MORE! THANKS FOR http://cgi.ebay.com/SCANNER-ANTENNA...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Last edited:

hoser147

I recently read on a webpage that they were beefing up the ST2. Im sure in time as all the dealers go thru the existing stock, they will have them also. If your looking to buy one I would wait and get the newer improved one at a better price..............Hoser

birdeeman

I could not figure out to post a link , it would not work. I was wanting to know if this one was a newer version that was stronger built. His description says that they extended the frequency range to 1500mhz.

btritch

hoser147I recently read on a webpage that they were beefing up the ST2. Im sure in time as all the dealers go thru the existing stock, they will have them also. If your looking to buy one I would wait and get the newer improved one at a better price..............Hoser

birdeemanAlso I want to get one now so I would get the more expensive if it is a newer one.

Hmmmm.....OooooooooooKay... Wait Get Improved Cheaper, Get Improved Now For More...Hmmmm...Go Figure!

Airdorn

birdeeman said:
I could not figure out to post a link , it would not work. I was wanting to know if this one was a newer version that was stronger built. His description says that they extended the frequency range to 1500mhz.

Pretty much, you just copy the URL from your browser's window or from a webpage (point to it, right-click, copy), and then paste it into the edit box when writing a message here.

This site should then put in front and in back of it.

birdeeman

btritch said:
hoser147I recently read on a webpage that they were beefing up the ST2. Im sure in time as all the dealers go thru the existing stock, they will have them also. If your looking to buy one I would wait and get the newer improved one at a better price..............Hoser

birdeemanAlso I want to get one now so I would get the more expensive if it is a newer one.

Hmmmm.....OooooooooooKay... Wait Get Improved Cheaper, Get Improved Now For More...Hmmmm...Go Figure!
Hmmmm.....OooooooooooKay How long should I wait a week , a month , or a year. Hmmmm.....OooooooooooKay How much cheaper could it be, $20 . Hmmmm.....OooooooooooKay I think I will spend the $20 and not go without an antenna. Hmmmm.....OooooooooooKay

hoser147

ST2
Get all the action your scanner was designed for!
For 30-1300 MHz.
New! Double Insulator Back-Up Support
Pre-assembled, easy to set-up
Scanner Antenna Kit
Includes 50' Coaxial Cable
and 300 to 75 Ohm Transformer
102'' Vertical Height
15 Electronic Elements
Includes F to BNC adapter

This is a copy from a Website that is under construction. The Main thing is if your going to buy one, you might as well get the newest one out there.No mention of the 1500mhz??............Hoser

af5rn

I seriously can't see much benefit to having the antenna coverage extended to 1500mHz. Is there something of serious value above 23cm that I should be monitoring?

And why are they running 300 --> 75 ohm impedance on this thing anyhow? Talk about an inefficient connection! Anybody experimented with using better coax and 50 ohm connections?

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the same description of the ST-2 I bought over a year ago...so I think it's the same old ST-2. I believe the ST-2 is the beefed up version of the Scantenna, so that's probably what they're talking about. You can find it for less than $30 so I'd pass on the $52 auction.

Everybody has been selling the "new" ST2 for at least 4 years now. I doubt there is any old stock still around of the older version. Insofar as I can tell, there isn't any significant difference anyway, other than the old one had blue insulators instead of the current black ones.

birdeeman

I talked to the manufacturer and they said that that the newer ones were just made a month ago. You can only tell witch ones are the new ones by the description on the out side of the box. The newer ones say (new insulator backup support) and the old ones say (Newly redesigned with heavy-duty construction.) I checked with solid signal and they have the newer ones

FDNYOPS

Premium Subscriber
so i guess the one i bought 3 months ago is an older version of solid signals "new" one?

hoser147

birdeeman said:
I talked to the manufacturer and they said that that the newer ones were just made a month ago. You can only tell witch ones are the new ones by the description on the out side of the box. The newer ones say (new insulator backup support) and the old ones say (Newly redesigned with heavy-duty construction.) I checked with solid signal and they have the newer ones

Thanks for the clarification, maybe when someone gets a newer version they could post a photo of the upgrade.................Hoser

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I just ordered the new one from solid signal. Will report back later with it

Jakemcgraw

Great Price from Solid Signal on ST2 Scanner Antenna !!

I just ordered the ST2, new version also, after double checking , It is the "New Insulator Backup Support" model, $29.99 + $7.95 ups ship...Great Deal !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.