Newest SDS200's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
So is there a firmware change or something to brighten up the keypad light.

Or has Uniden changed brightness levels on new shipments and didnt tell anyone who got the first shipment stock?

No, apparently some are brighter than others IMO, I tried 3, the current one is the best one yet. But it still hums, but guess it’s normal, even though many say theirs doesn’t do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eaf1956

Feed Provider
No, apparently some are brighter than others IMO, I tried 3, the current one is the best one yet. But it still hums, but guess it’s normal, even though many say theirs doesn’t do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Keep in mind that not everyone hears the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Um...what? :LOL:
It's true. Due to my alien heritage, I have auditory sensors on the tip of my nose. It makes the hum pretty bearable on my SDS200. I can imagine that people with standard human ears may be having a different experience.

Anyway I think he's saying that among us there are probably folks ranging from nearly deaf to those who can hear a pin drop in another room (had a wife like that once).

jjbond

Banned
Banned
and they would NOT give me a return shipping label, and in ad to pay 48 dollars to ship it back.
You paid $48.00 to be a loyal Uniden customer... sad... shouldn't have had to, this is crazy the issues with this platform and making us pay (shipping) to have them fixed.

mule1075

Feed Provider
You paid $48.00 to be a loyal Uniden customer... sad... shouldn't have had to, this is crazy the issues with this platform and making us pay (shipping) to have them fixed.
He did not pay $48 to have it shipped to the repair shop. He paid $48 to send it back to the place of purchase.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
He did not pay $48 to have it shipped to the repair shop. He paid $48 to send it back to the place of purchase.
I didn’t say anything about a repair shop.. however my statement still stands, regardless of where he had to send it.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
More important what dealer charged you $48 to take back the scanner that had issues?
Sounds like Zipscanners. My first SDS100 clearly had issues and they were trying to get a hefty restocking fee from me which we negotiated down to a reasonable level. I owned part of that for buying from someone with a restocking fee to begin with so what I paid was my own fault. I will now only purchase from vendors who charge no such fees going forward.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
More important what dealer charged you $48 to take back the scanner that had issues?
That was exactly my point (although it was for shipping not to return but end result is the same, it cost him $48.00 on top of the hassle), thank you. ;)

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
If the scanner has an apparent issue then a respectable dealer should take care of the customer and waive any restocking fees. I like how our local HRO handles restocking fees. Restocking fees are in the terms, but usually waived IF the product is returned with all original packaging "as new" and if the customer expresses an issue (not just "decided I didn't want it"). Sounds like you guys are having a vigorous agreement. :)

jjbond

Banned
Banned
If the scanner has an apparent issue then a respectable dealer should take care of the customer and waive any restocking fees. I like how our local HRO handles restocking fees. Restocking fees are in the terms, but usually waived IF the product is returned with all original packaging "as new" and if the customer expresses an issue (not just "decided I didn't want it"). Sounds like you guys are having a vigorous agreement. :)
I've always been a believer in that it's worth it to pay a little more for a local brick and mortar store we can go in and play with the toys and pickup right away than to live someplace with no ham store and buy online. I moved from Phoenix to Seattle and our closest was Portland, then that one closed, now I'm back in Phoenix and spend as much money there as I can, even if I can get it cheaper online. We have to support them or we'll lose them, quite frankly I'm surprised they've stayed open this long with the cut throat prices online.

Status
Not open for further replies.