Newest SDS200's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Wasn't high enough for me at my desk, so I used a set of big rubber feet taken from an old Halicrafters radio I had laying around and affixed them with 2-sided taped Velcro pads directly to the bottom of the scanner and it is perfect. Previous poster said it best, everyone's setup at the desk is as different as we are, so if it works for you then it's all good. :)

JD
kf4anc

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
OK I see what you were saying now. I find the display of my SDS200 VERY bright at 50%. If yours is dim at 100% there might be an issue. Maybe you could post a pic at full brightness.
So I played around with the settings in Sentinel, it now appears to be brighter when I set it to 100% from the software rather than doing it from the scanner. Strange, maybe it was just me?

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
So I played around with the settings in Sentinel, it now appears to be brighter when I set it to 100% from the software rather than doing it from the scanner. Strange, maybe it was just me?

That is strange but glad it worked, I got mine on 100, I like it. I usually turn the display off when I go to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

girls5288

I talked to the Bearcat Warehouse folks yesterday and they told me that the units they are currently shipping come from a new shipment they recently received. Those units have been updated so that previously identified issues have been addressed. Has anyone received one of the "new" ones yet? I'm curious about whether the hum and/or the backlighting issues have been resolved in those units.
received mine from Bearcat Warehouse about a week ago, everything looks good, can't find any problems. Bearcat told me this was the latest production of the radios

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
received mine from Bearcat Warehouse about a week ago, everything looks good, can't find any problems. Bearcat told me this was the latest production of the radios

Same results with the SDS200 i got last week from Scanner Master, sounds good, looks good, keypad light looks good. And I haven’t seen any more threads started lately, so I’m assuming people are having less problems now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kb0iid

Premium Subscriber
Received my SDS-200 on the 6th. Amazon seller Police Radio Outlet. Emailed them prior to ordering regarding noise issue and asked if they provided the add on repair part. They replied promptly and stated that they had the newer factory updated models. Two days later. Sounds great, looks great. I use a small external speaker and like an earlier post , I attached the rubber feet to the bottom of the radio. I remember thinking i wish they had made indentations on bottom of case for feet.:geek: Yeah i am a real phart smeller at times. I never took the bracket out of the box. I have a fat yellow cat named Wally that likes to patrol my desk and feared the bracket would make it easier for him to knock over. I cut small pieces off of a roll of the dollar store rubber matting used to line kitchen drawers. The 200 sits on top of my 536 and I use the thin matting on top and below the 536. It makes the radios very hard to slide on the desk top. My display is beautiful and can't imagine ever needing 100%. L 10% M 30% and H 50% looks great here.

garikfox

I talking to Rich at scannermaster yesterday, and he assured me the newest units that they got it in had the issues fixed, i ordered one yesterday from them. Awesome to deal with.

Thank you for contacting ScannerMaster. Thanks to you I ordered a SDS200 yesterday from them. Lets hope I get the newest factory fixed version also, I'm pretty sure I will. Looks like all the non-fixed version(s) came off the market at the end of last month.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for contacting ScannerMaster. Thanks to you I ordered a SDS200 yesterday from them. Lets hope I get the newest factory fixed version also, I'm pretty sure I will. Looks like all the non-fixed version(s) came off the market at the end of last month.

Make sure you update the firmware first thing and put in your programming see if you still get some hum. When I got mine, I did the firmware and favorites in, set the audio mute filter to 100, then began scanning, no hum during scanning but hear it slightly during a transmission. If I turn off the filter it hums during scanning but not as bad as the first 2 early units I tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bob1955

I talked to the Bearcat Warehouse folks yesterday and they told me that the units they are currently shipping come from a new shipment they recently received. Those units have been updated so that previously identified issues have been addressed. Has anyone received one of the "new" ones yet? I'm curious about whether the hum and/or the backlighting issues have been resolved in those units.
All I can tell everyone here is that Paul from Bearcat Warehouse is the most knowledgeable person around and they have fresh stock and prices are great and free shipping on ALL digital scanners, plus no sales tax except Maryland. FYI

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Loving my SDS200, i could actually recommend one now. The keypad is bright enough to read at night now, and the lack of hum during scanning, is wonderful.

ansky

Received my SDS-200 on the 6th. Amazon seller Police Radio Outlet. Emailed them prior to ordering regarding noise issue and asked if they provided the add on repair part. They replied promptly and stated that they had the newer factory updated models. .

Good to know. I see that the scanner is now Prime eligible with free next day delivery to my location.

kb0iid

Premium Subscriber
Good to know. I see that the scanner is now Prime eligible with free next day delivery to my location.
Go for it ansky. Mine has none of the issues I have seen reported. The audio is hum free. The display is nice and user adjustable. The keypad back light on mine is very adequate. I can tell if it is on or off even during the daylight. I only use it indoors though. If I were to be hyper-critical I would say the the vertical row of keys closest to the display (buttons 1-4-7-no/pri/. are weaker lit than the center or right hand row. And no I am not a Uniden apologist I am just reporting my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.