Newest SDS200's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I would like to see a list of Uniden shills and apologists, and what qualifies them as such. I have a sneaking suspicion it's anyone in the majority customer base with a Uniden radio that posts positive comments and reviews of their scanner. If that is the case, I am an all-around scanner shill and apologist. If it works for me, I will chip in with a comment no matter the brand name, make, or model of the radio. Sue me. Pfffft.

JD
kf4anc

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I would like to see a list of Uniden shills and apologists, and what qualifies them as such. I have a sneaking suspicion it's anyone in the majority customer base with a Uniden radio that posts positive comments and reviews of their scanner. If that is the case, I am an all-around scanner shill and apologist. If it works for me, I will chip in with a comment no matter the brand name, make, or model of the radio. Sue me. Pfffft.

JD
kf4anc
I can assure you, we don't pay anyone to come on here and comment... well, except me.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Haha me too, probably. My question was not altogether serious, because I was called a shill here once but I cannot remember what brand of scanner I was advocating at the time lol.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I've been referred to as a shill, as well, despite not nearly fitting the definition (while I am paid by Uniden, my affiliation is far from secret).

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I've been referred to as a shill, as well, despite not nearly fitting the definition (while I am paid by Uniden, my affiliation is far from secret).
Oh come on just admit you like Uniden! LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ansky

I received my new SDS200 yesterday. So far so good. There is no hum noise whatsoever and everything seems to be working fine. I'm having the intermod issue on a few UHF analog frequencies that others have reported. I'll need to play around with the filter settings to see if I can get that to improve.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Had mine for about 2 weeks or so from ScannerMaster, supposed to be one of the new batch, with issues fixed, but mine still hums if I don’t turn the audio mute filter on, and even then it still hums during transmissions. I had no idea if mine has the new part or not, I’m thinking not. I ordered it last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Here’s the one that I got from scanner master that I was told had the hum issue resolved. At the end after the transmission and it goes quite is when the audio mute filter kicks in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Here’s the one that I got from scanner master that I was told had the hum issue resolved. At the end after the transmission and it goes quite is when the audio mute filter kicks in

Did you notice how many messages you posted? :devilish:

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Had no idea what you where talking about, doesn’t show that on app

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Had no idea what you where talking about, doesn’t show that on app

Sooo....what are you going to do? You returned 2 before and were hoping for a silent scanner...or third times a charm. This was an "updated" model I think? Is it workable, will you keep it and despite it's shortcomings love it and care for it like your others?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Neither the noise mitigation part nor the firmware update completely eliminate all background. That is why it is called "mitigation part" and not "elimination part." The noise is generally mitigated to the point where it is virtually inaudible when masked by actual radio traffic. You will not find a unit that has complete elimination.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I’m going to try the part, see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.