newjersey help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello couple of questions i want to scan salem county pd. like salem pd- carneys pt pd- pennsville pd- pennsgrove pd-woodstown pd. is the salem county public saftey system the best to use. where you have to set up the base &offset etc.. in the 500mhz range. also im also scanning the newjersey troop a system and came across this tgid-34928 {bridgton,port norris,woodstown how can you tell which police are talking since there are 3 diffrent ones how would you tell, or cant you, any help on these 2 questions .thanks in advance

kennyloatman

Salem public safety trunk system is what you need to program in most PD's in Salem county except Salem city, Last I knew they were still dispatching there own on 453.5625 PL 146.2 . County dispatches the rest of them. They also have there own individual Talk groups per police station as you can see in the database. NJSP dispatches Bridgeton, Port Norris and Woodstown on the Troop A system on A1-4 [34928] using 4 COMM. It can be hard to tell which station is who unless you happen to pick up on the car location or they contact the barracks for something. If you happen to have a scanner the picks up unit ID's you might be able to sort them out that way. I am not fortunate to have such scanner so I don't really know if that works out. Just have to become familiar with there areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.