Newly download San Mateo County Doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I just updated my two 996XT's with the new San Mateo County Digital system (not the 700MHz system). I no longer hear anything on that system. I compared the settings between the newly downloaded system and the older file on my 396XT and found that the system type has changed.

On my 396XT which still works fine, the system type is "MOT". The system type on the newly downloaded systems is "P25 Standard Trunk". I can not find a way through the Proscan software to change the system type.

I dont think the system type has changed for this system. Can somebody help me with this.

Thank you

Ben96cal

There's no way to change it after you make the initial system.. If the RR DB is wrong they will have to change it in order for the DL to work. Unless you just set it up manually yourself.....It actually doesn't take that long to do by hand. It's the TG's that take the longest.

kma371

QRT
You sure you downloaded the correct system? Nothing has changed in the DB for sometime.

The uhf system should be a motorola type ii not P25

The P25 system is the 700mhz one.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know that the SMCO 700MHz is P25, but when I download "San Mateo County UHF", ProScan shows it as a "P25 Standard Trunk" system. I had to copy the system from my 396XT which I had not overwritten back to the 2 996XT's to hear them again and the system type is back to "MOT". I'll try again tonight

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Still not right. I've attached a couple of screen shots. The first shows the system type as "Motorola Type 2" and the second shows when I import it in ProScan 4.7 it changes to "P25 standard Trunk". So as long as it stays as a "P25 Standard Standard Trunk", I dont hear anything. So where is the System type changing???

Attachments

• smco_Digital_01.jpg
    smco_Digital_01.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 231
  • smco_digital_02.jpg
    smco_digital_02.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 268

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI.. I reinstalled version 4.5 of ProScan and imported the SMCO system. It still shows at "P25 Standard Trunk", so that rules out the version of ProScan. I've attached the screen shot from my 396XT that I did not update. It shows "MOT" as the system type. I've imported this into my 996XT and they hear the SMCO system fine. Did the database accidently get changed?

Attachments

• SMCO Before.jpg
    SMCO Before.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 246

kma371

QRT
Sounds like the software is importing the system type wrong.

Can you try import with freescan and see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded and programmed both 996XT's and the 396XT using ProScan 4.5 and it worked fine and defined the system type correctly. Thats why I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled 4.5. The problem started when RR showed that the San Mateo County UHF and 700MHz P25 systems had been updated.

Can you copy this thread to the ProScan section to see if they have heard of anything similar?

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I installed FreeScan and it download and the System is identified correctly (Screen shot included). Now I'm stumped, ProScan 4.5 worked fine before as I mentioned in my previous post. So why is it getting the system type wrong now?? Looks like this thread needs to move to the ProScan support area. Can you as an admin do that?

Thanks

Attachments

• freescan.jpg
    freescan.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 261
Status
Not open for further replies.