****NEWLY Encrypted Talkgroups****

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannermike11

Banned
the radio vendors and home land are pushing encryption and one day most all PD.Are going to be using encryption

de784

Feed Provider
Encrypting

Heard it will be done with the switch to 700mhz next year

hey

That’s what I’m hearing on my end that everything will be switched over to the 700 MHz radio system to be compatible with Maryland

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Will the 700mhz system be DELWIN (the system that corrections is using) or will be a new system? Will it be Phase 1 or Phase 2? Any idea when they will be switching over?

de784

Feed Provider
Encrypting

From a source its going to be a separate 700mhz from delwin and is supposed to be online early 2019

Mark

Premium Subscriber
DSP dispatch NCC still open now.. Hope it stays that way..
The various Troop 1,2,6,9 /Tac channels have been encrypted in NCC for a long time.
NCC PD dispatch on same system is already encrypted.. You don't need a new 700 system to encrypt DSP Dispatch.

Last edited:

de784

Feed Provider
Encrypting

State 800 mhz system will be moving to a 700 mhz system next year not sure if phase 1 or 2. When the switch is done all pd transmissions will be encrypted from a reliable source

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Is Delaware already compatible with Pennsylvania and New Jersey?

As far as Del State Police coms with nearby States don't talk to each other much even with compatible radios.
This morning had a DSP car chase up I-95 to Chester and unit told by DSP console
to break off and return as losing radio contact.
DSP dispatch prob just uses land line to relay reports to Pa State police Dispatch on stuff
like this.Assume same with NJ as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.