Newnan, GA\Coweta county Uniden BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btruitt95

Premium Subscriber
O MY FREAKIN GAWD! I am new to RR. 3 days of trolling to get here, didn't see an intro section that's live.
I think I'd have better reaction from putting a match b-tween my toes than to have my scanner not say a bleeping word. Lol.
YES I'm a nooob to these new scanners. I have shot myself in the foot. purchased BCT15X (2). Non-returnable, originally got these scanners cause had an elderly gent in my community I visit said his scanner died, watched him throw it away. So I got 2 1 for him and 1 for another elderly I figured it would keep them company. I didn't know Coweta changed to digital or p25. Now my quest is to see if Uniden/programming services has a mod that they can do to these to pick up digital/WARRS systems. I think they are p25 so these wont pick up on the frequencies. some of the local PD freq.'s I can hear something like a baud or fax sound and some I hear straight static in place of key and release of key. What happens now. Is there any help for this area? THANKS IN ADVANCE

DanRollman

Database Admin
O MY FREAKIN GAWD! I am new to RR. 3 days of trolling to get here, didn't see an intro section that's live.
I think I'd have better reaction from putting a match b-tween my toes than to have my scanner not say a bleeping word. Lol.
YES I'm a nooob to these new scanners. I have shot myself in the foot. purchased BCT15X (2). Non-returnable, originally got these scanners cause had an elderly gent in my community I visit said his scanner died, watched him throw it away. So I got 2 1 for him and 1 for another elderly I figured it would keep them company. I didn't know Coweta changed to digital or p25. Now my quest is to see if Uniden/programming services has a mod that they can do to these to pick up digital/WARRS systems. I think they are p25 so these wont pick up on the frequencies. some of the local PD freq.'s I can hear something like a baud or fax sound and some I hear straight static in place of key and release of key. What happens now. Is there any help for this area? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade an old analog-only scanner model to track and receive a modern P25 digital trunked radio system. It'd be like trying to upgrade an analog clock (albeit a 'newly purchased' analog clock) to display in digital LED numerals.

I certainly commend you for trying to help an elderly neighbor and bring some enjoyment to him, and I regret that it didn't work out here.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The good news is they are not encrypted nor are they simulcast so a simple P25 scanner should work

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.