newport news frequency change

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper23602

Has Newport News changed any frequency on their trunked system in the past couple of months. I will get hit and miss radio traffic from PD and Fire if any at all.

casper23602

I have a handheld uniden grecom. I did notice when i manually checked the assigned tags to a channel I have 2 that are not the same on RR. I’m hoping a reprogram will do the trick. It’s been a feed years that I have had to this. Any recommendations on what site to go to for programming. Ones I have used in the past were free for 30 days. I appreciate all the help!

TJX400

This is happening because your scanner does not properly receive simulcast systems. You need an SDS-100, SDS-200 or a Unication pager in order to properly receive traffic from a system that utilizes LSM.

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm wondering if the angle of a system antenna was changed or some other tweak was made to the system recently that introduced simulcast distortion for you. There are some locations where an older scanner will work OK with simulcast, but everything has to be just right. The conditions that allowed your scanner to receive a simulcast system OK before apparently changed. libertydesigns listed options that are made to be compatible with simulcast. You could also go the SDR route with software that works on simulcast. That's cheaper, but requires some IT-related effort.

I'm a little confused by the type of handheld you have. Uniden and GRECOM were competing companies, until GRECOM went out of business several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.