• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

News agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvankl

I am sure that has been covered here before. I have searched a few times and looked in the database with no success. So I turn to the knowledge here. Does anyone know where I could find the Toledo area news freq. I am looking to hear the diffrent vehicles getting "dispatched" to incidents. Thanks in advance, and I appologize for repeating a question im sure has been on here.

jsmorris24

Premium Subscriber
I have 2

450.2875 WDHO-TV I have not heard much traffic
463.7750 WTOL-TV I hear lots of traffic.

jpryor

Premium Subscriber
These would make a good addition to the Lucas County page on the database . . .

161.7300 (103.5 PL) WTVG Ch 13
450.2875 (156 DCS) WNWO Ch 24
450.5125 (100.0 PL) WTVG Ch 13
461.5750 (74.4 PL) WUPW Ch 36
463.7750 (173.8 PL) WTOL Ch 11

Last edited:

bvankl

Thanks for the information. I didnt think it was in the database but then again I have overlooked the occasional item or two. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.