News and Feed Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8jhc

Is it possible with the API to remotely update the News and Feed Alerts? I listen a lot on my Blackberry, and it would be nice to be able to submit the News/Alert information via SMS, email, web app, etc. Anyone doing this? Is it possible?

kd8jhc

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
This functionality is not available at this time. We are reviewing our overall strategy around breaking news etc... but understand for right now we are not in the business of incident notification. There are a ton of other providers out there that specialize in incident notification, so we would prefer you leverage those platforms for incident type activities. (IPN etc)

The purpose of the "breaking news" field for feed providers is to at this time provide nothing more than a rudimentary process for providers to notify listeners if something is noteworthy is occurring on their feed.

Wrapping it around an API and more advanced components isn't our plan at this time.

Thanks,

kd8jhc

Thanks for the reply. I understand RR is not an incident notification service, but I wasn't sure if those fields were accessible via the API. I'll have to check out some of the existing incident notification services. I also just thought about making a Twitter/Identi.ca account for this purpose and linking to that from my feed page.

Thanks,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.