News guys on 462.625 GMRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

I had 186.2 ctcss programed into Two-Way Radio and it worked then about a couple of months ago.

I used Uniden BCT-15 Trunktracker III scanner to Decode Tone.

The last two evenings, i could copy the repeater with booming signal.

And again and tonight heard Mobile 11 and Wxxx-xxx callsign, something about a weapon i believe but i was busy with two other radios going at same time, so i programed Mt vaca Repeater into my Kenwood 868 with 186.2 Tx & Rx, but never heard anymore traffic so i went csq, but nothing, so either no traffic, or because of storm coming in up here and its snowing now in places i might had lost the signal. .

2 Meters however has been booming in here 80% from 147.000 / 147.195 Mt Vaca, 147.105 Sutter Buttes,repeaters.

Mt Vaca Radio Club repeater is being accessed by local Western Nevada Amatuer operator quite often lately.

Im also hearing quite a few stations on 147.150 Mt Rose from the Sac Valley/Woodland some from east of Stockton! That is a miracle from that location.

This weekend in Reno at the Washoe County Regional Dispatch Center (or next door to) the Ham Cram/Amatuer Radio Exams are being held, starting @ 08:00hrs lasting all day.

Im going to plan on being there as a walk in.

gvranchosbil

I need to update the list of radios at the bottom of page, since then several more pieces of Motorola equipment has been added to my collection.

Last edited:

KD6HRI

I got to program your frequency into my Yaesu FT-7900 and I was hearing your transmissions full scale no problem. I also have it in my PRO-197 and like Bill noticed the incoming signal with a 186.2 tone. Yesterday I listened and heard at least 3 to 4 units ( #10, #11 and #5 ) chattering and was amusing hearing the banter between you all.

KA6PDY

Premium Subscriber
For the 147.195 Mt.Vaca it comes out on 145.150 in the Tahoe/Reno area and the same back this way. If your on 145.150 in Tahoe/Reno we can here you on 147.195 in the Sac Valley Area. You might try that.

We found something out while programing our radio's and well, feel stupid. There is a Split Tone. 88.5 in and 186.2 Out. So, now it goes 462.625 + 88.5/186.2. We never new there was a out going tone. Now, our radio's are quiet. No more annoying Digital Tones or Kids playing on the radio or whatever.

So, if you watch the video's on either SacMav.com or Youtube.com/PaulsPhotoService you'll just hear radio traffic.

BTW there is a Yahoo Group for SacMav and your more than welcome to join. It's SacMav : SacMav Rapid Media

leitung

Premium Subscriber
whats funny is that repeater you guys are on, I have TX: 77.0 and CSQ on RX, you guys are talking about totally different tones that what have talked you on before. Interesting.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Tonight someone was jamming the repeater between 2200 and 2230 using a computerized voice, also using some impolite words and such.

sacscan

Tonight someone was jamming the repeater between 2200 and 2230 using a computerized voice, also using some impolite words and such.
I heard it too, and got most of it recorded with my digital camera. Unfortunately, by the time I figured out what they were saying and thought to get the camera out, they had ceased the NSFW language.

Here's what I did capture.

GMRS jammer Sacramento CA 2-26-12 - YouTube

Also, for those who are interested, here's my footage of TIV 2 and Sean Casey on Saturday. The movie was badass! I need to find a DVD of it.

TIV 2 (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) at Esquire IMAX Theatre 2-25-12 - YouTube

KA6PDY

Premium Subscriber
That's the problem with GMRS it's the UHF C.B. People love to jam or talk over you. In many cases just interfere. No wonder GMRS has such a Bad rap. It's nice to use in the short term but not good in the long term or when you need to get information out quick and some nut is out there jamming on purpose. Anybody that can program a radio or use a "bubble pack" radio from Big 5 can interfere.

gvranchosbill

Fyi:

I posted back in 2011 that the GMRS Repeater at AT&T Autovon site was off the air.
It is back on the air as of the begining of May 2012.
I decoded the CWID and identified the user.

WPUK932 LaRue,John (Owner)
462.7250 mhz Output
467.7250 mhz Input
Tx Tone 203.5 ctcss
Rx Tone 203.5 ctcss
AT&T/Autovon Site
w/of U.S.395 & Hwy 208
Topaz Lake,NV

Sac916

I posted back in 2011 that the GMRS Repeater at AT&T Autovon site was off the air.
It is back on the air as of the begining of May 2012.
I decoded the CWID and identified the user.

WPUK932 LaRue,John (Owner)
462.7250 mhz Output
467.7250 mhz Input
Tx Tone 203.5 ctcss
Rx Tone 203.5 ctcss
AT&T/Autovon Site
w/of U.S.395 & Hwy 208
Topaz Lake,NV

What did you use to decode?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
What did you use to decode?
I use Audacity. You can easily see the short and long periods of the waveform and do an easy conversion while looking at a Morse table.

John LaRue runs LaRue Comms among other companies. He's a big telecom history geek. He's bought a lot of the old AT&T M/W sites in NorCal and NV.

Status
Not open for further replies.