News helicopter freqencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro94Pdx

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the frequencies that the local helicopter pilots would use... especially for news helicopters? Is there a common air frequency that all local air traffic (ie, not commercial airlines out of PDX) uses, if they are flying locally? Or is there also a radio signal to/from the helicopter and the tv station that we can pick up? Also, on rare occasion, I see army helicopters flying over the Milwaukie/Clackamas area, possibly from Withycombe National Guard Base. Does anyone know what frequencies they would use?

gmitch

Does anyone know the frequencies that the local helicopter pilots would use... especially for news helicopters? Is there a common air frequency that all local air traffic (ie, not commercial airlines out of PDX) uses, if they are flying locally? Or is there also a radio signal to/from the helicopter and the tv station that we can pick up? Also, on rare occasion, I see army helicopters flying over the Milwaukie/Clackamas area, possibly from Withycombe National Guard Base. Does anyone know what frequencies they would use?

To start with there are the helicopter Unicom frequencies: 123.025, 123.05, and 123.075 AM.

DickH

Freqs. from the last published Police Call book sold by Radio Shack list Remote Broadcast from 450.050 to 450.950 and 455.050 to 455.950. You might try searching those freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.