News Media Freqs - Tulsa Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr42

Premium Subscriber
Are the news media frequencies for the Tulsa area updated and correct?

The reason I ask is that I have them all programmed, and have not heard
anything for a week.

Thanks!

-- Does anyone know which freq is the most active in Tulsa?

S

screamin72

I don't live in Tulsa but news media on two way radio is awfully slow traffic a lot of times they use their phones and laptops. Keep scanning for a good amount of time maybe some big story pops up relying on the news van with the really tall portable antenna poles gets dispatched.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Channel 6 News Helicopter

Channel 6 helicopter can be heard on 450.0875. Many times I hear them just before the newscasts if something is going on. You can also watch live streaming video when they are up on the channel 6 web page.

peterjmag

Like Dave said KOTV 6 uses 450.0875 for their helicopter and 450.1875 is also used for whatever else may be going. Both are very active daily.

KJRH 2 uses 450.5125 uses daily

KTUL 8 uses 450.2125 sometimes usually during severe weather

KOKI Fox 23 uses 450.4125 sometimes

KRMG uses 161.76 daily for traffic and other news related activity but is base/mobile so you may not hear the mobile and no base or the base and no mobile.

If you are a scanner listener and live in the country too far away to hear the KOTV 6 Helicopter on the receive side use the input side which is 455.0875 and you will hear just the helicopter talking to the news desk.

Happy Scanning...

Status
Not open for further replies.