newsphotog rig 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Looks great. Are you actually doing that much photo editing?

Yes, I have to do all of my editing. From a typical 800ish images from the average assignment, I'll pare it down to a dozen or so, crop them and color correct them and send them off to NY or DC. I archive all of my pictures, "keepers" or not. It's a pretty detailed workflow.

kjfswkr

:lol:
Since I didn't have most of the tools, a radio shop helped me out but we both did it and got it all done in one day. I did all of the planning and we just knocked it out once I had all the pieces of the puzzle put together.

How do you find the laptop holds up in the car, I notice it looks like a regular laptop and not a toughbook.

Kevin

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
How do you find the laptop holds up in the car, I notice it looks like a regular laptop and not a toughbook.

Kevin

I'm guessing the computer will be in the car, maximum on average, three times a month, and stored in a cool dry place for all the other times. The netbook serves a specific purpose and so it doesn't need to be a Toughbook. Too much money for something that I will rarely use.

crazyboy

Yes, I have to do all of my editing. From a typical 800ish images from the average assignment, I'll pare it down to a dozen or so, crop them and color correct them and send them off to NY or DC. I archive all of my pictures, "keepers" or not. It's a pretty detailed workflow.

Wow, is this your sole form of income?

Kursch1672

Premium Subscriber
Materials used

In this mobile installs, I'm seeing the black metal material used. Where do you get this? Is it pre-cut, you cut it yourself?

timkilbride

Database Admin
In this mobile installs, I'm seeing the black metal material used. Where do you get this? Is it pre-cut, you cut it yourself?

They are console's designed specifically for a certain make/model of car. Jotto Desk and Havis Shields are two manufacturers of them. I picked mine up on the used market for $75, brand new they can be pretty expensive.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.