newto the scanner world.... what was i thinking.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jr_0420

i just got this scanner from a friend cheap it's the radio shack pro-164

i love the Sacramento Co trunking system lots and lots of traffic day and night

i heard this guy running from the police in north sacramento area off walagra wy and he hide in the big 65g garbage cans hide for like hour and half... they called in air1 and found him in garbage can about 25ft from back of cop cars...lol

then just today in elk grove this cop was jumping fences chasing a crook and Splash both land in a pool..

i would love to get a hold of chp freqs i found them..
i'm thinking i'm just to far from there towers to pick up

Sac916

i just got this scanner from a friend cheap it's the radio shack pro-164

i love the Sacramento Co trunking system lots and lots of traffic day and night

i heard this guy running from the police in north sacramento area off walagra wy and he hide in the big 65g garbage cans hide for like hour and half... they called in air1 and found him in garbage can about 25ft from back of cop cars...lol

then just today in elk grove this cop was jumping fences chasing a crook and Splash both land in a pool..

Welcome to the scanning world ----

Sac Regional Radio Communications System ( trunked )
Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (Public Safety) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies

CHP
Department of the Highway Patrol (CHP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
You'll want to plug in the Valley Divison freqs - specifically GLD2 and BLK2

Sac County freqs
Sacramento County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

kilowa22

The main item for CHP is that you need a good VHF-LO antenna to monitor them. You could use a mobile antenna at home or try a 50 MHz han HT rubber duck antenna. But a good antena is needed. You will be able to easily hear the base dispatches, but for mobile CHP units you need a high antenna to hear them. CHP also uses mobile extenders on 154.905 MHz.

Comet DS150S Discone Scanner Antenna

Diamond SRH-940 Amateur HT Antennas

MP Antenna Super-M Classic Mobile Antenna

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Hi JR.

Yeah there is always a lot of activity in the Sacramento area to monitor. It is OK to discuss things in general terms as you have, but we don't like to divuldge sensitive things going on, especially in real time.

CHP is going through some changes. Our area was one of the first to do so, but there are some elements not yet (fully) implemented. I continue to monitor CHP as I have for over 30 years; with the frequencies for the cars AND the dispatcher BOTH programmed. If they are not repeating the cars, you'll need to be close (or have great reception abilities) to hear them. Dispatchers can switch towers (on the same channel), so you might hear them clear for one transmission, then scratchy or not at all for the next.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.