Newton Railroad Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Ok guys, so since I moved to the train capital of Kansas and I live near the railroads, I figured it was time to do some rail scanning =) Can anyone tell me the main frequencies that are used in Newton? Thank you in advanced.

Redneck0410

I've pretty much just put in all the AAR channels that way I'm good to go. I don't know for sure if Mr. Gruver does any railscanning, but that's what has worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dgruver911

Never really got into listening to railroad and aircraft on the scanner. In looking at the Kansas Railroad page here on RR, it looks like the list for the Ark City and La Junta Divisions of BNSF are pretty similar and include PBX and Sand Creek Yard frequencies. I thought the main channel around here used to be 160.65, but looks like that is no longer the case. I see K&O now has a couple of channels listed as well.

fp5930

BNSF Ark Valley Sub

The main frequency for BNSF in the area is 161.055 but there are some other frequencies for Sandcreek Yard.

peterjmag

I'm hearing lots of activity on 161.055 like I was told I would but I am also hearing a lot on 160.5 and to my surprise i am hearing a repeater on 160.215. I didn't know railroad frequencies could ever be repeaters? I thought they were all base mobile and simplex?

Status
Not open for further replies.