Newtronics hustler lmx 270 opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
I just bought 1,installed it via larson fender nmo mount,later when weather gets decent its going mag mount and top center of cab.
I got it installed set swr which was easy.
My repeater i use is 60 miles from my house.i hit it with the lmx 270,kept it open .friend said i sound great.
I decided to give hustler a try,they been mak8n antennas longer than some on here been alive
Its well built too

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi Robert,

My first Hustler antenna arrived way back in 1973 and was a CB antenna. It was base loaded with a heavy coil encased in a grey ceramic shell. I cannot remember the model number. My second Hustler antenna arrived back in 1976. It was a 5/8th wave 2 Meter antenna and was roof mounted on a 1976 Jeep Cherokee. That antenna was also base loaded with a heavy coil encased in a ceramic shell. I cannot remember the model number of that antenna either. My third Hustler antenna arrived in 1980 and was a model CGT-144; a 2 Meter collinear antenna. All three antennas were transferred from vehicle to vehicle up through 2005 when I had to give up driving altogether. For the oldest of the Hustlers, that was over 30 years of continuous service! I still have those antennas and they are still serviceable today.

Sooooooo... If Newtronics-Hustler still builds their antennas like they used to, you should get many years of service from your new antenna!

73, Dave K4EET

robertwbob

KE0WRU
T
Hi Robert,

My first Hustler antenna arrived way back in 1973 and was a CB antenna. It was base loaded with a heavy coil encased in a grey ceramic shell. I cannot remember the model number. My second Hustler antenna arrived back in 1976. It was a 5/8th wave 2 Meter antenna and was roof mounted on a 1976 Jeep Cherokee. That antenna was also base loaded with a heavy coil encased in a ceramic shell. I cannot remember the model number of that antenna either. My third Hustler antenna arrived in 1980 and was a model CGT-144; a 2 Meter collinear antenna. All three antennas were transferred from vehicle to vehicle up through 2005 when I had to give up driving altogether. For the oldest of the Hustlers, that was over 30 years of continuous service! I still have those antennas and they are still serviceable today.

Sooooooo... If Newtronics-Hustler still builds their antennas like they used to, you should get many years of service from your new antenna!

73, Dave K4EET
hats why i went back to hustler newtronics,i got a pair of those short gutter mount cb antennas,new in 78 still good and yes still made by hustler.
If i buy another antenna i belive im ordering another hustler

Status
Not open for further replies.