NexGen RCS and the Uniden BCD325p2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProLaw1

The ? I have is why would 2 Uniden BCD325p2 work differently on the NexGen RCS, as in one of them gets great reception on the RCS south site and the other one does not, west and east work great on both of them, and both are programmed the same,It’s just the south site on one of them that has no reception does not make sense,Also I’m in Ramona( could the age of the scanner have something to do with it or not,one is about 4yrs old and the other one is fairly new) TIA

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Ramona is definitely not in the service area for the South cell, so any signal you do receive is a bonus. It is possible the older scanner has lost some sensitivity. On the other hand, have you tried exchanging the two scanners (in the same place) and antennas (if using external antennas)?

ProLaw1

Yeah I tried moving them around, still the same thing and I’m only using the factory rubber duck antenna on the older scanner and the newer one I have a Remtronix 800 mhz antenna, which I tried this antenna today on the older scanner and it did show up to 3 bars or less on the screen, so I’m going to order another Remtronix 800 MHz for the older scanner, as I said before the older scanner works great on the west and east site

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I see you posted on the UNIDEN area as well. Did you ever get the problem fixed? If not I am sure you will have to wait a couple months to get it fixed.

ProLaw1

I see you posted on the UNIDEN area as well. Did you ever get the problem fixed? If not I am sure you will have to wait a couple months to get it fixed.
Yeah I believe what the problem is I’m just outside of the 2nd Gen RCS south zone as Don K6CDO has said, I have tested everything on the scanner and everything works great other than the south zone, I did order a better antenna for it so we will see what happens with that, it’s strange because the new bcd325p2 I bought a week ago has no problem with the south zone here in Ramona,Ca

ProLaw1

I am smack dab in the middle of everything. Here in Esco.
Yeah unfortunately I’m here in Ramona and I guess I do not get all of the RCS sites wish I could,I do not even think I can get the San Diego city system up here as well, as said before I get the west & east sites with no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.