NEXN LCN slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

swm239

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I did pick up the TRX 1 and am looking for some help with programming Nexn systems.
I have version 3.4 of the ex scan software.CPU FW is 5.3 DSP FW is 3.0
I read through several posts from back in Dec that after the 3.0 ex scan was in there was a Nexn tab at the bottom, however I don't see that. I also have questions about the LCN and how to enter that with the freqs. I have the freqs but unclear how to enter the LCN to match. My screen only shows LCN up to 32. These systems were not in RR so trying to build from scratch. My manual is 72 pages in length but does not have specific info on programming the Nexn systems. If anyone could point me in a direction if additional pages were released on how to program or have info on how to set up the LCN's that would be great.
Thanks, Scott

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
If NEXN is a thing, then disregard this. I think you mean NXDN.

In that case, don't worry about the LCN and channel order. Whistler doesn't trunk track.

While possible to identify channel order with just a TRX, it's pretty time consuming. It is much better done with software radio and DSD+.

Have you called Whistler support about this? What did they say?

Feel free to email me.

troymail

Silent Key
Hello, I did pick up the TRX 1 and am looking for some help with programming Nexn systems.
I have version 3.4 of the ex scan software.CPU FW is 5.3 DSP FW is 3.0
I read through several posts from back in Dec that after the 3.0 ex scan was in there was a Nexn tab at the bottom, however I don't see that. I also have questions about the LCN and how to enter that with the freqs. I have the freqs but unclear how to enter the LCN to match. My screen only shows LCN up to 32. These systems were not in RR so trying to build from scratch. My manual is 72 pages in length but does not have specific info on programming the Nexn systems. If anyone could point me in a direction if additional pages were released on how to program or have info on how to set up the LCN's that would be great.
Thanks, Scott

Scott - Programming a NXDN trunk system is pretty much the same as programming any other type of trunk system - in fact, easier than some (i.e. LTR, EDACS, etc.).

If you know the frequencies are used in a trunk system and you must program them manually (i.e.they aren't in the RRDB/library), just create a new trunked system in the EZ Scan software, leave it set it to NXDN(C) (unless you know for sure it's a Type D system), click on the site, enter the frequencies (in any order), and add a wildcard talkgroup (optionally: add a wildcard radio ID).

Then, copy the configuration to your radio and listen....

Note: you can also create conventional objects for each of the frequencies and set them to NXDN. It will work but this option is a little less flexible if the system is truly a trunked system.

And and I don't know anything about a "NXDN tab".... it's just a frequency and/or system type in the software.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
^ +1

I've been busy lately, but I checked in and saw a lot of unanswered threads. Good tips.

dsankir

Scott - Programming a NXDN trunk system is pretty much the same as programming any other type of trunk system - in fact, easier than some (i.e. LTR, EDACS, etc.).

If you know the frequencies are used in a trunk system and you must program them manually (i.e.they aren't in the RRDB/library), just create a new trunked system in the EZ Scan software, leave it set it to NXDN(C) (unless you know for sure it's a Type D system), click on the site, enter the frequencies (in any order), and add a wildcard talkgroup (optionally: add a wildcard radio ID).

Then, copy the configuration to your radio and listen....

Note: you can also create conventional objects for each of the frequencies and set them to NXDN. It will work but this option is a little less flexible if the system is truly a trunked system.

And and I don't know anything about a "NXDN tab".... it's just a frequency and/or system type in the software.

Well done! Working great both ways..

Status
Not open for further replies.