Next Bailout: Social Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

Don't look now. But even as the bank bailout is winding down, another huge bailout is starting,
this time for the Social Security system.

A report from the Congressional Budget Office shows that for the first time in 25 years,
Social Security is taking in less in taxes than it is spending on benefits.

Instead of helping to finance the rest of the government, as it has done for decades,
our nation's biggest social program needs help from the Treasury to keep benefit checks from bouncing
-- in other words, a taxpayer bailout.

Social Security hasn't been cash-negative since the early 1980s, when it came so close to running out of
money that it was making plans to stop sending out benefit checks. That led to the famous Greenspan
Commission report, which recommended trimming benefits and raising taxes, which Congress did. Those
actions produced hefty cash surpluses, which until this year have helped finance the rest of the government.

next-in-line-for-a-bailout-social-security: Yahoo! Finance

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
C'mon folks, bail it out!!! I need my monthly check.
You and a lot of others.

I went to Social Security because I needed to get signed up for ObamaCare. I will never get Social Security $$ because I always worked for exempt employers.

There were 73 adult people there including me, and enough kids under the age of 10 that moved around so fast and were yelling & crying I couldn't count em all.

Out of the 73 people, only five were caucasian, mostly old farts like me.

The rest were mostly persons between 20-40, both sexes, many different ethnic groups, most of the women were obese mothers' of all those kids, trying to either start getting SSI or dependent benefits or *****ing because they had to do something to keep getting their checks.

So my friend, If you ever wonder what killed the goose that laid the golden egg, just read this again---:p

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"...hefty cash surpluses, which until this year have helped finance the rest of the government."
There you have it people, if those slimy troglodyte booger people AKA Congress Critters would keep their greedy grubby hands out of the Commie Pot those who NEED retirement and disability benefits would be a whole lot better off. National Health Care wouldn't have been such a bitter pill either, when there are dollars going around there is no need to fight over pennies.

"So my friend, If you ever wonder what killed the goose that laid the golden egg, just read this again-"
73 fat women and a bunch of squalling brats killed the goose or did they come out to attend the funeral? You're just a bit off time, long before while there were still good times to be had the Mexicans were having them, pushing them around in prams or waddling along with bubble bellies. The favorite gathering place was/is the local welfare clinic where everything is free, seed and breed.

OK, so call me a politically incorrect racist SOB, frankly I don't care in the least and expect it from the new kid on the block who just signed up for "Obama Care" not being qualified for Social Security. Having been around the block for so long as compared to your newly created perspective I will not because I simply cannot see it your way. It wasn't Obama, nor Bush, nor Clinton, nor Bush, nor...... but REAGAN and bloody NAFTA who opened the flood gates allowing the Mexican Invasion and with all those straws in the glass it sure wasn't long before a loud SLURP was heard now was it???

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
The only 2 things you said above that I disagree with is (1) the reason the 73 slovenly lovelies were there;--Of course the goose has been long ago cooked, but nobody seemed to smell the fowl cooking before recent times, so just multiply the 73 by about 5 million to see the true scope. I have purposely avoided going places like welfare offices thus it was many times worse than I expected.

(2) I am glad I never paid much into SS because even if I did the GPO and WEP would have hosed me out of much SS benefits anyway. At least I can suck the teat a little bit since OsamaCare will be paid as I am a dependent of a youngish wife that did get her 40 quarters in without getting knocked up every nine months:p---And thanks for the new kid on the block moniker. Now I must go google "prams" so see ya later you old ham you---:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.