Next DSDPlus Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
When is the estimate time for the next release of the DSDPlus Fastlane program?

Or better yet.... Can they give us an update as to what they are working on? That would be a great way for us to know what goodies could be made available on the next release!

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Well I don't how many people are working on it but I have a feeling this a single gentleman working on improving the software for us in his spare time. Just be grateful he is trying to improve the software as fast as he can on his time. But it's been a while I'm sure we will see something in the next month or so. At least I hope.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's understandable...

He / they, have done an OUTSTANDING job with what has been shared to the Fast Lane community, thus far.

I'm on my way to meet him over there as we speak. He needs an interpreter, and my Spanish is not to shabby! So that works out!

goldcat

Premium Subscriber
I'm always wondering why tetra is not included in dsd fastlane. it shouldn't be a pb because it's been a long time that tetra is available (osmorg tetra, seeber balint, sq5bpf telive...)

Sent from my GT-I9060 using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I thought tetra systems were encrypted with rolling encryption codes. How would even monitor it? I'm in the states and have never dealt with tetra but I have heard from others it has proprietary encryption built in. I think there is a osmocom or some other group that made a tetra monitor that runs under Linux. But I believe it only shows meta data because the voice comms are supposed to ENC.

goldcat

Premium Subscriber
I totally agree with you but USA remains an exception for tetra . let me give you the example of Europe in which some services (train, tramway, bus...)are using unencrypted tetra transmissions and believe me some software like sq5bpf work like a charm and the decoded voice sounds crystal clear

Sent from my GT-I9060 using Tapatalk

RayAir

I thought tetra systems were encrypted with rolling encryption codes. How would even monitor it? I'm in the states and have never dealt with tetra but I have heard from others it has proprietary encryption built in. I think there is a osmocom or some other group that made a tetra monitor that runs under Linux. But I believe it only shows meta data because the voice comms are supposed to ENC.

The Osmocom Tetra project did decode voice. The project looked a bit dated so I'm not sure how successful one would be today trying to install it.

Somewhere on YT there's a video of it being ran on a Tetra system but the voice was encrypted with TEA2 so naturally it was garbled.

Doubt the DSD+ guys would add Tetra because they're probably US and Canada based, thus Tetra is likely a low priority. You never know...

Unfortunately further work on the Osmocom projects appear to have stopped which is sad because P25 decoding sounds so much better using OP25 vs the audio quality with DSD+.

DSD+ development looks to have stalled but who can complain for the price?

It still is/was a great value and tremendous asset to me especially in the days before DMR and Nexedge capable scanners existed. Those new scanners, to me, are overpriced and ill valued anyway.

Edit: Here's the link to the tetra video:
https://youtu.be/JRo-EE0Koc8

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

The FCC will not permit deployment of TETRA for public safety systems in the USA, however, they do allow it for critical infrastructure (power utility) systems.

I don't know if any of the domestic use is encrypted. But most development priority for software and hardware receivers is directed to public safety because that's why most people buy scanners.

I'd like to see more attention paid to other monitoring targets also.

Status
Not open for further replies.