"Next Gen" Radio System - Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb2234

Premium Subscriber
While scanning over the past couple of days, I've noticed that the Lincoln radio shop folks have made some changes and there is testing going on mentioning "Next Gen." I'm thinking this is a term that is being used to describe the project itself, but just something to dive into. Sounds like the state and Lincoln have parted ways (NSP no longer audible for the past few days)?. If anyone's got some more information, I'm genuinely curious about why the changes are being made and what's all in-store. It sounds like pretty much everything but the connection to the SRS is still intact. :unsure:

Last edited:

lb2234

Premium Subscriber
(Also going to work on the database to reflect the changes, if it holds up.)

Too3zln

While scanning over the past couple of days, I've noticed that the Lincoln radio shop folks have made some changes and there is testing going on mentioning "Next Gen." I'm thinking this is a term that is being used to describe the project itself, but just something to dive into. Sounds like the state and Lincoln have parted ways (NSP no longer audible for the past few days)?. If anyone's got some more information, I'm genuinely curious about why the changes are being made and what's all in-store. It sounds like pretty much everything but the connection to the SRS is still intact. :unsure:
I am still able to hear NSP dispatch on my TRX for now. I am curious what possible changes in listening will bring. Which NSP channels are you not able to hear?

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
The city went the way of getting their own core so they could split off of the state system but beyond that I don't know details.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
The city went the way of getting their own core so they could split off of the state system but beyond that I don't know details.
I'd heard the same thing from official channels, but I don't know how what they're planning on building. Sounds like a divorce.

xmo

"Sounds like a divorce. "
-
A common ending for shotgun marriages!

Their original RFP called for a stand-alone system. They got "encouraged" to join the state system(someone wanted too spend the savings on another project).

A major metro is different from a system serving state agencies and small counties. A marriage can work if there is lots of planning and good intent. Being forced to join is not a good start.

Then there is the system ID boondoggle. Once every system has a unique ID, the technical problems will disappear. With each system managed to meet its own needs, administrative "differences" will fade away opening a path to meeting user's needs for interop and sharing through system interconnections.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
LANCASTER\Lincoln site has a new system ID of BB0, RFSS ID 5, and site is 23. This is per SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.