Next gen San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

snydman711

I have a pro-106 and have tried just about every thing to program the next gen San Diego RCS. Its like im just on the fringe. I get some traffic scratchy and mostly digital. Anyone in the San Diego county area that can help? The talk groups come up and the signal bars are strong. Thanks.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You are probably suffering from simulcast distortion. The main sites are all simulcast. The only scanners that will reliably receive simulcast systems are the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200. Some things you can try:
1. Set the squelch to minimum.
2. Try with the attenuator on and off.
3. Turn SuperTrack on and off.
4. Lay the radio flat and point antenna various directions.
5. Remove the antenna and stick a paper slip in the connector.
I suggest that you click on Report and request that your thread be moved to the California forum where there are a lot more people in your area to answer your questions.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
^^^ tvengr's suggestions are good, especially #5. If you have strong signal strength, you may be in an area where the signal from two (or more) sites are just enough out of phase that the receiver cannot get a clean decode of the digital information.

I don't recommend the last item. Knowing the CA moderation team, if someone did move it to the CA general thread, it would just come back here, as there are many knowledgeable members here to help.

Don

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I don't recommend the last item. Knowing the CA moderation team, if someone did move it to the CA general thread, it would just come back here, as there are many knowledgeable members here to help.

Don

It was originally in the Radio Shack forum and was moved here after @tvengr's post.

snydman711

Thanks guys. The paper clip works ok. I put a stuby on it and my signal improved the further away from the cell site. I have a variable signal attenuator somewhere that I might try. I haven't used it in 20 years. I'm hoping to get the 106 working some how. I hate buying a new scanner every 5 years. Thanks again

SDBud

I have a pro-106 and have tried just about every thing to program the next gen San Diego RCS. Its like im just on the fringe. I get some traffic scratchy and mostly digital. Anyone in the San Diego county area that can help? The talk groups come up and the signal bars are strong. Thanks.

NextGen (new) and RCS (old) are 2 TOTALLY different systems. There is still some traffic on RCS, and some P1 traffic on NextGen that the 106 can monitor, but not a lot.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Some P2 traffic but not a lot? I think you got it backwards Bud...P2 is a rare commodity on the NextGen...I've only heard it on Escondido Fire, and a few blips on RSD Tac 1 and once on CVPD Tac 1.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.