Nextel...Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The Chicago Fire Dept. is dumping it's Nextel's in favor of the Verizon network. They have been using Nextel's for their Blackberry notifications, talk-around amongst themselves and so on. They are phasing them in as they are ordering new Blackberrys. I'd suspect CPD soon to follow and the rest of the city agencies will follow. Looks like Verizon landed a big contract. This may also coincide with Verizon's "re-release" of their Push-to-Talk that's coming soon. This is supposed to be as fast as Nextel's current network according to initial test reviews I have read. We are using Verizon's network when we transmit the data from our Panasonic notebooks we use for documenting our EMS runs. We still use the city's 800 Mhz. system for our Mobile Data Computers in the ambulances and the Police Depts. Police Data Terminals in the cars...

RADIOGUY2002

Technology

Not a huge surpises here, cost factor, more features etc. Seem likes a all around better idea. Not to mention that nextel been know to cause prolbems. What a great way to side step this issue, I love chicago....

Thanks for that great piece of info

Status
Not open for further replies.