Nf2g?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
NF2G Website

I know. I just tried to get on Dave's website at 6:55 PM and I had no luck either. I hope that it gets back up and running again soon. Dave's website is one of only a few websites that I have found that include PL tones along with frequencies, not many websites do that. Cityfreq.com does not and even the FCC website does not.

Chris

Spec

It was up

It was up at 0930 hrs today. I know from past experience that the sight does go down every now and then. He may be working on it . It's never down for long.
Spec

D

DaveNF2G

As Lindsey mentioned in the Admin forum, there appear to be some systemic outages happening today. DoS attacks or bad weather could be the culprits.

I'm having additional problems with my website anyway. I uploaded a bunch of new information on Sunday, but the site has reverted to the mid-September pages since being relocated to a server in Las Vegas. Now I can't get in to re-update the pages, probably because the new server lacks FrontPage support at the back end. So, things will be dicey until I can get it fixed through my hosting provider.

My email inflow is down by about 90% as well.

hummn

Seem to have trouble reaching your site while useing winXP(The page cannot be displayed), no problem getting there useing win2000 So it is up and running.
Hope this helps in some way.

D

DaveNF2G

The problems from the server relocation seem to have cleared up. Last week's updates are back in place, along with today's new updates, affecting Columbia, Erie, Niagara, and Rensselaer counties. There is also more info about the NYCOMCO rebanding in progress, and take a look at the NEW INFO paragraph under Sticky Notes!

http://nf2g.com/scannist/index.html

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Dave, you have the same frequency listed for multiple LCN's on some of the NYCOMCO sites. The NYCOMCO thread on these forums has the right info.

D

DaveNF2G

Hmm. Didn't notice. I'm getting info from various sources, including a guy who says his list is direct from a NYCOMCO tech.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
My info is from off-air monitoring. I'm not aware of any new licenses for NYCOMCO beyond what has been posted. Phase 2 will probably include moving Graham and Arden down 15 MHz. I don't expect that to happen in November. In any event, if things change I will update the thread.

Spec

It is working though..

Loaded as you have listed Dave, it is working. I have several thoughts on the frequencies and the LCN's however nothing solid to post on the list. Mine is from a very reliable source. I have it running in a 780 and a 396. I'm using a 245 as a control radio to verify for drops.

Spec

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Dave's list has duplicate frequencies in blank LCN's. A trunktracker will work correctly with these duplicates entered since the radio ignores them. The control channel never directs the scanner to go to the blank LCN's.

D

DaveNF2G

I plan to do some more updates this weekend. I would appreciated it if one of the knowledgeable monitors down that way could email the actual, working, correct list of frequencies currently in use on the NYCOMCO system.

Please don't send me stuff you got from "a NYCOMCO tech" - either their techs do not comprehend the system they're maintaining, or NYCOMCO employees are deliberately trying to mislead scanner users with wrong information. They are at the bottom of my reliability list at the moment. I'd also be willing to bet that any information - true or false - being disseminated by low-level employees has not been approved by anyone in authority at NYCOMCO.

Please send the updates to feedback at NF2G dot com. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.