NFAC March Saturday the 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldbeal

Premium Subscriber
On Saturday the 25th, the Black Power Militia "NFAC" plans to march , meeting at Central High School at noon. They have been seen with HT's...
I'm trying to find what radios and/or frequencies... if anyone is in the area that can get info that would be great.
(Anyone with a scanner with "close call" or similar?)

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I’m not sure what there frequencies. LMPD is using Event channels and command channels that are encrypted for officer safety you may hear some traffic pertaining to the incident on either divisions 1 and 2 channel and the 3 and 8 channel on the MetroSafe system

Remington12G

GØT AES?
On Saturday the 25th, the Black Power Militia "NFAC" plans to march , meeting at Central High School at noon. They have been seen with HT's...
I'm trying to find what radios and/or frequencies... if anyone is in the area that can get info that would be great.
(Anyone with a scanner with "close call" or similar?)
More than likely they have baofengs because they don't follow the correct process of obtaining an FCC License and buying real radios which are expected. The best bet would be FRS/GMRS channels already in Baofengs.

ronaldbeal

Premium Subscriber

One is a Baofeng... not sure on the first two... anyone recognize them?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
To monitor the NFAC, Close Call may pick them up if you close enough to trigger Close Call.

LMPD has been using one of their TAC channels, which is encrypted, as the channel for their detail. The District "regular" channels (1-4) are not likely to have any related communications.

I've found the best way to keep up with "Protest stuff" is to get on Facebook at watch the Live Streamers pages. Maxwell Mitchell, Jason Downey and Riotheart to name a few. Occasionally Chad Mills with WDRB will Live Stream and possibly WLKY may have the helicopter over head.

(Hopefully they have chosen a different location other than Central High School. It's against the law to have firearms on school property and that might get things off to a non-cordial start. Supposedly this has been communicated to the group.)

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I realize that we have an open carry law in KY but does that means that people in other states can open carry if they don't have CCDW?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Probably a lawyer question here, noting that they make judges because lawyers aren't always right. Then they have appeals court because judges ain't always right, followed up by supreme courts when appeals courts are in error.

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I found this on the KSP website.

Any person who is eligible to possess a firearm under the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Kentucky, is permitted to carry a concealed firearm or other concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky, without regard to their citizenship or state of residence.

ScanKY

Premium Subscriber
Watching numerous live streams the leadership[ appeared to be using an assortment of GMRS/FRS radios. I was not downtown, but saw many Midlands in wide use.

Now if you want to see something funny with radio's during the protest: During Grand Master Jay's post-protest interview with WDRB a radio starts to go off. He profanely yells at his members to turn off their radios ... only to have them tell him it is the one on his shoulder rig. Start at this video at about 5 min 40 Sec --
On early Saturday most of the activity was on Metrosafe Police 3 - District 1/2. At about 9am'ish they told all LEO's on protest duty to go to TAC2 numerous times. From Radio Reference I have the TAC channels programmed in and had a scanner in my bank locked to it. I did not have a communication out of it all day.

Question -- Does anyone know why the TAC 2 channel is not recievable (I tried it on two Home Patrol scanners)? Would be interested if anyone has had success listening to these?

ScanKY

Premium Subscriber
LMPD 1-4 are the only “clear” LMPD talkgroups. Everything else, including tow trucks, is encrypted.

Than you for the help gentleman. That slims down my scanning time. Much obliged.

Status
Not open for further replies.