NH dispatch centralized now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosters

Has anyone else noticed a possible change in dispatches in the last two days? The town of Hillsborough which was operating on a freq of 155.3700 now seems to be being dispatched out of Merrimack County/Concord. Henniker went that way a year or two ago, now Hillsborough seems to have just changed. The dispatcher's voice is one I have been listening to for years on Merrimack County, actually two, so something has changed. Any info???

Fosters

LPD7

Its possible. Alot of Towns have done that. They have alot of calls but no dispatchers. Goffstown Dispatch New Boston and Weare Police and Fire, Grafton County Dispatches Haverhill on their own frequency, i know several other towns do it. All they have to do is link the Repeater back to the Dispatch center, but i would think Hillsborough County would take Hillsboro PD, but then again Northfield (In Merrimack COunty) is dispatched by Belknap County Sheriff

SCPD

QRT
Small town jump around....

As LPD7 indicated, many of the smaller towns in NH are always jumping from one dispatch center to another. Wakefield Police and Milton Fire are two excellent examples....Milton Fire for example is now being dispatched by Carroll County, yet Milton is in Strafford County.

Also, the tiny Town of Madbury Police have gone from Durham Dispatch to Strafford Dispatch and are now being dispatched on LP South by the NHSP at Troop A.

Funny little side story.

The other day the usual daytime dispatcher at Troop A was out. So, in typical SP fashion they brought in a Trooper off the street with little dispatch experience. Shortly thereafter the Madbury Police Chief tried for several minutes to raise Trrop A on LP South to call in a car stop. Exasperated, the Chief finally shifted to NHSP A frequency. The Trooper told the Chief he better stay on "A", because he did not know how to operate the other channels!

Ah, statewide interoperability....you gotta love it!

fosters

Ya I kind of thought the same thing that Hillsborough County if anyone would take over, but doesn't seem that's the case. Well Merrimack dispatches Henniker so maybe that has some bearing. The town of Hillsborough dispatches or possibly did dispatch Deering, Antrim, and Washington I believe and maybe Stoddard. They use to do Henniker a few years back if I remember correctly but that changed. Well with the weather coming this weekend I should have plenty of activity on the 500 to figure it out.

fosters

PeterGV

K1PGV
Lots of small towns are trying to get by dealing with tight budgets, yet still trying to get good safe dispatch service for their forces. Apparently, it's hard to get both low cost and good quality.

LPD7 said:
Goffstown Dispatch New Boston

Is that right? Isn't New Boston PD on 159.0375??

I'm just asking, because I live a couple of towns over and only recently started to casually listen to New Boston PD... I've heard some chatter on 159.0375, not much and what I *have* heard was pretty informal.

de Peter K1PGV

D

ddemers8678

Weare dispatches its own Police and Fire. 158.8500
Weare also dispatches New Boston Fire. 154.1600

LPD7

Nope i have heard New Boston on 154.7175 P25, and i also have heard from several diffrent sources that Goffstown provides the Dispatch Services for New Boston and Weare.
They each have too much Traffic to be all on the Same Frequency, but one Dispatch center is capable of Dispatching 3 Communities on 3 Frequencies. Its Possible, just Look at Grafton County and soon to be New Hampshire State Police

SCPD

QRT
Incorrect information

ddemers8678 said:
Weare dispatches its own Police and Fire. 158.8500
Weare also dispatches New Boston Fire. 154.1600

You are incorrect on all three counts.

Weare Police, Fire and New Boston Fire are all dispatched by Goffstown, as LPD stated correctly in his subsequent post.

D

ddemers8678

I wanted to investigate this further so at our town meeting this week, I questioned the office on duty. He informed me that although money was appropriated two years ago for the implementation of a complete police communication system, for some unexplained reason it had yet to be completed. So as it stands, all police and fire are (yes plxnbury) dispatched through Goffstown. I believe we did pass an article for another $30,000.00 for police communications on Tuesday so I guess we will see if it happens this year. Regards

PeterGV

K1PGV
Thanks, folks, for the replies regarding New Boston.

Just to clarify, cuz I'm not sure I've got it: Is New Boston dispatched by Goffstown personnel on 154.7175 P25? Or is New Boston dispatched by Goffstown via the (wonderful) Goffstown EDACS system (and 154.7175 is a TAC frequency or something)?

I knowl, I could just spend the time listening... but I'm traveling too much these days,

de Peter K1PGV

LPD7

New Boston is Dispatched by the Goffstown Dispach Center, on 154.7175 P25 Digital. Goffstown is the only agency on the VHF-EDACS. The 911 calls are sent to Concord, and then the appropriate Dispatch center is contacted, if only we had that list.

SCPD

QRT
list inquiry

LPD7 said:
New Boston is Dispatched by the Goffstown Dispach Center, on 154.7175 P25 Digital. Goffstown is the only agency on the VHF-EDACS. The 911 calls are sent to Concord, and then the appropriate Dispatch center is contacted, if only we had that list.

Which list are you referring to?

PeterGV

K1PGV
LPD7 said:
New Boston is Dispatched by the Goffstown Dispach Center, on 154.7175 P25 Digital.

Thanks for clarifying (he said, as he starts up the software to program this frequency)...

de Peter K1PGV

tbone9597

Goffstown?

Sorry if I am off topic but I need some help with the Goffstown setup. I the five channels programmed as they are on RR and the ID's also. They have their own bank in my Pro-96. And when I drive to Manchester I can't pick up anything on Goffstown bank. Is this because they are using a very weak system like Manchester? Thanks for the help!:p

PeterGV

K1PGV
tbone9597,

Well, from what I remember about monitoring this system quite some time back, it isn't such a great system but I was able to hear it a couple of towns away.

The only tricks are to put the channels into your Pro96 in order, in their own bank, set to EDACS, and (IIRC) you want to skip channel 0 of the bank (so, system channel 1 which is 170.1500 would be in channel 01 of your bank, system channel 2 which is 159.8400 would be in channel 02 of your scanner bank, etc). You need to enter all the channels.

At least that's what I remember.

Hope that helps some,

de Peter K1PGV

tbone9597

OK thank you I will try that I have everything correct except that I started on channel 0. Just curious why do you have to skip channel zero when programming? Thanks

PeterGV

K1PGV
tbone9597 said:
Just curious why do you have to skip channel zero when programming? Thanks

I don't know... A firmware bug in the Pro96? Of course, this could be out of date information... an issue fixed long ago. But I checked my scanner and I did indeed skip channel 0.

Hope that helps,

de Peter K1PGV

LPD7

plxnbury said:
Which list are you referring to?

It was more of a Joke, like if we had the List from the NH E9-11 Center of what Dispatch center dispatched what department.

Status
Not open for further replies.