NHFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Heard on Channel 8 today that the New Haven FD were using new radio channels at a fire in Fair Haven today. I was listening and nothing seemed different. Anyone know anything about this?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Heard on Channel 8 today that the New Haven FD were using new radio channels at a fire in Fair Haven today. I was listening and nothing seemed different. Anyone know anything about this?

I have not heard anything or seen anything on social media, I feed on for that fire and it was very active, if at best maybe they added another fireground channel or 2 but like i said I have not seen or heared anything as of yet.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Saw a news article on Twitter from one of their chiefs.Was talking about how they bought 90 new radios.If I can dig it up i will post it later when I get home.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
There was a news clip from months ago that channel 8 did. At that point they had just finished there testing phase and chose the new radios. And again at that point they were starting off with buying 90 new radios.
So it is probably new radios with the same frequencies. From a few pics I saw of this fair haven fire at least 1 pic showed a yellow speaker mic, thinking maybe it was an APX radio. Article never stated which radio they chose.
Maybe, just spit balling here, that they also chose dual band as everyone around them is either UHF or VHF. But not sure which side they chose IF they did go dual band.
Here is a pic from @beyondthefireline
You can see it in the lower right corner of pic.

2d94ab4e973541c90b7fd00fde65211c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

APX7500X2

They have 2 other FB2 secret channels that you can't know..........Unless you look at their FCC license then you will see they have 4 FB2 channels......yes 1 is an FB2S but the radio company they use would certainty put that up as a high power FB2 and ignore the FB2S rules

leadjammer

According to todays New Haven Register they purchased 95 new Motorola radios which they hope will bring clearer fire ground transmissions with less static and interference. They also mentioned additional new channels for fire ground communications and multiple incident communication but no mention as to what these new channels are and whether they are active.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
According to todays New Haven Register they purchased 95 new Motorola radios which they hope will bring clearer fire ground transmissions with less static and interference. They also mentioned additional new channels for fire ground communications and multiple incident communication but no mention as to what these new channels are and whether they are active.

The post above yours tells you where to find the new channels, They have had the new radios for months but i always hear fires on channel 2 so far

I just put the new channels in my scanner to see if I get anything

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
All you have to do is look up the call sign KNBC574 of the FCC ULS look up. There it will tell yo what 800 MHz frequencies NHFD is assigned. Channels 1 and 2 are listed in the New Haven database here, listing both input and output frequencies. Any others should be listed there as well.

I have to assume they might have talk-around channels, simplex channels and maybe the STOCKS 800 frequencies programmed in. I know a few guys in the job there that are in my club, I'll ask if they know as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

leadjammer

Thanks for the info. I've programed all of them into my scanners. If you remember a few years back two of these channels were actually the dispatch channel and fire ground 1 before the move to the current frequencies..

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Absolutely 859.5625 is dispatch. I listen to it every day. And the 854.4875 is fireground or Channel 2 and I listen to that as well. Matter of fact I heard New Haven fire today dispatch to a couple different calls but I actually heard them dispatched to a call on rosette Street for a Hazmat today and they were there for quite some time

ecps92

If you can confirm the DPL tones, that would be helpfull

New Haven County CT Fire Departments - Scan New England Wiki
Absolutely 859.5625 is dispatch. I listen to it every day. And the 854.4875 is fireground or Channel 2 and I listen to that as well. Matter of fact I heard New Haven fire today dispatch to a couple different calls but I actually heard them dispatched to a call on rosette Street for a Hazmat today and they were there for quite some time

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Bill, I can confirm the DPL tones are correct on the dispatch channel and channel-2. On the other two frequencies I have not heard anything yet.

Manny

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Bill
Tones are the same as in the past
859.5625 D311
854.4875 D311

Matter of fact just caught a call a couple of minutes ago.

If the OP has that in his radio and is not receiving, maybe an antenna issue? I remember one of my radios going deaf years ago and it wound up being a solder joint.

Maybe test the radio on a ad freq if he has right channels and pl's?

Just an idea

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Just saw Alarmroom posted these over on the CT forums.

857.5625 MHz DPL 223 Channel 3
858.5625 MHz DPL 223 Channel 4

So we have good verification of the DPLs and frequencies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.