NHPD 453.8750 SWAT

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps of a passing interest...NHPD 453.8750 SWAT was quite active today (Sunday 5/21) at the Yale Commencement ceremonies. In use primarily for traffic control on Elm St. NH for opening and closing the thoroughfare to vehicular traffic. By tradition, the identity of Yale honorands (recipient of a Yale Honorary Degree and thus the commencement speaker) is kept a secret until the day of Commencement. More likely than not whoever the recipient was, it was a person/dignitary whose presence required additional security arrangements.

Shame on me. Due to my being preoccupied, I did not tune in to Yale PD and other agencies of possible interest.

Add on: It was....
Elizabeth Alexander '84, a decorated poet, educator, memoirist, scholar, and cultural advocate who was a professor of African American studies, American studies, and English at Yale for 15 years. Perhaps as we do not know who was in the audience.

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Weird they have no license for that Freq, Looked at the pending FCC nothing there also

That aside, Maybe they should use that channel for everyday use, CH-2 & 3 are so bad, one of the receivers is so muffled you can't understand a thing, and when thry patch both together the hang time (that you need to remove if they are going to patched channels) kills both sides and sometimes creates a loop
I find it amazing the union does not have a fit, or the staff knows it could kill someone, or the officers know it could kill them
Some of the things wrong are a VERY easy fix.
Must be like our department...Nothing is broken/wrong until someone dies

ecps92

Weird they have no license for that Freq, Looked at the pending FCC nothing there also

That aside, Maybe they should use that channel for everyday use, CH-2 & 3 are so bad, one of the receivers is so muffled you can't understand a thing, and when thry patch both together the hang time (that you need to remove if they are going to patched channels) kills both sides and sometimes creates a loop
I find it amazing the union does not have a fit, or the staff knows it could kill someone, or the officers know it could kill them
Previously was the Housing Authority under KCR316

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber

I agree...miss the days of Lou Cavalier as the Union Rep. It seems as if though the entire radio system is a "142".

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I agree...miss the days of Lou Cavalier as the Union Rep. It seems as if though the entire radio system is a "142".
LOL I hear the Dispatchers use "142" mutable times per night

As APX said it is a shame as getting it to work well would not be a huge deal...I always thought the entire city should go trunked since they own 5, 800 MHz channels already, but that's just MHO

CentracomGold

Yes agree, a BIG 142 all around at PSAP.... Dispatchers do not even know how to perform a "137" (Disable repeater). They are not trained on the basics of radio communications. The "multi- select" on the patch function causes most of the muffles & a reverb. To make matters worse, some of the NHPD portables are using the wrong antennas. for whatever reason, may of the portables used by "I-Units" that I have seen are using a rubber duck cut for 800mHz not for UHF... Cavalier would have really held someone to the fire but this Cotto is worthless.

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber
Yes agree, a BIG 142 all around at PSAP.... Dispatchers do not even know how to perform a "137" (Disable repeater). They are not trained on the basics of radio communications. The "multi- select" on the patch function causes most of the muffles & a reverb. To make matters worse, some of the NHPD portables are using the wrong antennas. for whatever reason, may of the portables used by "I-Units" that I have seen are using a rubber duck cut for 800mHz not for UHF... Cavalier would have really held someone to the fire but this Cotto is worthless.
Well said, Sadly enough, it's going to take a major incident with personnel being injured, some publicity with the New Haven Ragister and hopefully other more respected media outlets before the radio issues are addressed. Apparently, the Chief is not concerned at this time and the Mayor...well he's another story altogether.

GKENY044

there was a license at one point last year, not sure why it wasn't showing, NHPD has used that frequency for sometime. Someone put it out when an officer was shot as it was being utilized. It is not a SWAT channel per se it's a talk around and referred to as channel 4.

Last edited:

ecps92

there was a license at one point last year, not sure why it wasn't showing, NHPD has used that frequency for sometime. Someone put it out when an officer was shot as it was being utilized. It is not a SWAT channel per se it's a talk around and referred to as channel 4.
Expiration: 01/12/2022 per the FCC and forgot to renew