NHSP troop b

cboykonh

I just noticed troop b has a new license with added transmission sites which might be worth monitoring. Tge callsign is WPGN218. Figured I’d pass this along.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
It looks like they're expanding on their existing systems as well as their interoperability capabilities.

151.1375 - VTAC11 & 36
159.4725 - VTAC14
154.9350 - Troop B
156.2100 - Troop D / Headquarters

John M
Penacook, NH

cboykonh

I have to wonder when this might happen? I’m in north Weare, but can’t pick up 154.935. I do get 156.21. I know Weare is under troop b technically, so it woukd be good to hear them clearer.

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
VTAC36 Is licensed for Incident deployable repeater, On the NH State interop plan (LawNet, NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC!) for 2022, there are no changes that I can see, Same with the FireNet, And EMSNet, no huge changes to the plan. My guess is that either they are putting up more repeater sites, and upgrading their interop capabilities

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
Normally a large scale comms upgrade takes around 1 week to 1 month, it really depends on the weather (yes, the weather), and where the site is located, my guess it it is located on Pack Monadnock, with the other Repeater sites up there.

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
It’s located on the summit of pats peak in henniker
That would make even more sense, they will get better coverage area (Troop B, and Troop D) for their repeaters, as far as I know, they do not have any towers up there yet, I’m looking into it now, if I find anything else out I’ll let you know!

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
That would make even more sense, they will get better coverage area (Troop B, and Troop D) for their repeaters, as far as I know, they do not have any towers up there yet, I’m looking into it now, if I find anything else out I’ll let you know!
The tower is at 1282 feet in elevation, the site is transmitter 5 and a repeater for:
151.1375 VTAC36/VTAC11
154.9350 Troop B
156.210 Troop D
It will have 2 antenna’s VTAC36/VTAC11 and Troop B with antenna 1, and Antenna 2 is for Troop D
As far as I know this is a new site, so it will take a few months to get up, or let’s assume the lattice tower is already up, it could just be as far as putting up 2 antennas and a microwave link and then installing a new radio/reprogramming the radio(s) which would take a few weeks to get up

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
There is already a tower up that is currently used by pats peak and eversource as far as I know right now.
Probably all you will notice is better coverage. They did this same thing with Strafford County Fire Dispatch, they noticed a dead stretch on Rt.11 in New Durham into Farmington just before the Honey Dew, they upgraded their antennas and radios and that took them no longer than 2 days.

jmfirefighter

Troop B is not simulcast- this is not going to "improve" coverage on a regular basis except for input to the voting system. You will not notice any changes unless Troop B dispatch has chosen that transmitter, which will likely be a rare occurrence. This will be one of the five selectable transmit sites for Troop B, which dispatch can choose from if needed. Primary transmit off Pack Monadnock will not change. Troop D is also being added, but again it is not simulcast and primary transmit off Kearsarge will not be changing, it will be a selectable site. Both will be on the existing Eversource tower on Pat's Peak.

As for VTAC36, it is being licensed as a 6.1 meter station and will be located at the VA in Manchester.

There is no "changeover", "consolidation", or other system changes as has been speculated in this thread. Once licensing and leasing is complete within the next few months, the site will be installed in the Spring once the weather improves. I've already built all the equipment to install and it's just waiting for those items to be completed.

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
I am in north Weare about 10 minutes from pats peak. Will I pick them up better being that I’m close to pats peak?
The "Changes" WILL NOT affect the everyday user, it is a selectable site that Troop B can select if the need ever was there

And the only reason I had said there "Might" be changes is because cboykonh had implied of a "Dead Spot" in north Weare, and I have some good experience installing repeaters for public safety (Strafford County) and dead spots can be deadly for the agencies.

Last edited:

cboykonh

If stare police were called to Weare could they be dispatched through troop b as well as troop d? Troop d repeater extends through north Weare better than b.

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
If stare police were called to Weare could they be dispatched through troop b as well as troop d? Troop d repeater extends through north Weare better than b.
When they go out of their patrol for mutual aid, that is the only reason they would

cboykonh

it looks like troops b and d will be dispatched from concord according to what I found in the link. This would explain the change in the frequency repeater configuration.