Niagara Bell Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_425

Hey guys,

First time posting here.

Just picked my self up a Homepatrol 1 and I have it scanning my favourites list that I created from Sentinel, and it includes both the Fonthill and Skylon Towers. I have been scanning for a few hours and haven't picked up anything, I would have figured Id pick up Niagara EMS and OPP..but it has been quite.

Is there anything I should look for..it is running the latest Database from Sentinel.

neoengel

Hi there, fellow HP user here.

I had my location set as Milton, ON today and received Niagara and Burlington talkgroups clear as a *ahem* bell.

The current setting for them is Bell FleetNet Zone1 - Highway Safety Division on your HP.

Try using the full database option to get started and use the avoid feature on channels you don't want - this might be a handier way to get going for now.

I helped out another new HP user last Sunday and his favourites list excluded the channels he wanted, sort of like what happened to me when I first got one in August 2011 :p

Hope this helps, the HP is quite the handy beast when on the road ;)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Check your Service a Types as well and make sure Law Dispatch is selected.

Taylor_425

Thanks, I think Its just the Rubber Antenna that it came with...I find that In some rooms I get the audio but in others I do not...I'll try driving to Niagara Falls tonight to see how it works.

Taylor_425

Got it mostly figured out...apparently my Qi Charger in the Truck was interfering with the Homepatrol, I was getting no coverage, but after I unplugged the charger. Now it works.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

See if you are close enough to get the Cayuga tower, that will open up the OPP for Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk, and Hamilton EMS, both city and for all EMS providers in the counties list.

And 6 Nations, they are on also, lots of stolen cars and chases there.

Status
Not open for further replies.